Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cwj-tlj

Glad To Be Gluten Intolerant

:rolleyes: I know this may sound strange but the alternatives didn't sound good and I am feeling better than I have been for years. It's fun to be getting older and feeling better. of course it cast lots of money and after finally finding the right doc to put it all together.

I was having severe mental changes like suicidal thoughts, guilt, etc. Seriously I felt if things didn't get better I would end up in the psych. ward. I feel very strongly about the possible number of people who are on suicide watch eating a steady diet of hospital gluten ridden food.

After going gluten free I was better mentally in about 12-24 hrs and physicaly in about 5-7 days. Of course I did test it once and back into hell I went for 3 days. I have been battling vague episodes of severe fatigue and flulike symptoms as well as chronic oral HSV really for 18 yrs. Got worse after my second child was put on antidepressants which kept me going for another 8 yrs. until a "crash" on a vacation in April from which I never recovered thanks to Kashi bars daily. I've always been constipated and a bit overweight so my symptoms weren't apparant. However I was Dx'd with Crohns 10 yrs ago from which I thought had grown out of . Little did I know I was poisoning myself.

Anyway thanks for letting me lurk for a few week and helping me get to this point. I'm sure there will be more ups and downs and I still have lots of questions.

T.J.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

:rolleyes: I know this may sound strange but the alternatives didn't sound good and I am feeling better than I have been for years. It's fun to be getting older and feeling better. of course it cast lots of money and after finally finding the right doc to put it all together.

I was having severe mental changes like suicidal thoughts, guilt, etc. Seriously I felt if things didn't get better I would end up in the psych. ward. I feel very strongly about the possible number of people who are on suicide watch eating a steady diet of hospital gluten ridden food.

After going gluten free I was better mentally in about 12-24 hrs and physicaly in about 5-7 days. Of course I did test it once and back into hell I went for 3 days. I have been battling vague episodes of severe fatigue and flulike symptoms as well as chronic oral HSV really for 18 yrs. Got worse after my second child was put on antidepressants which kept me going for another 8 yrs. until a "crash" on a vacation in April from which I never recovered thanks to Kashi bars daily. I've always been constipated and a bit overweight so my symptoms weren't apparant. However I was Dx'd with Crohns 10 yrs ago from which I thought had grown out of . Little did I know I was poisoning myself.

Anyway thanks for letting me lurk for a few week and helping me get to this point. I'm sure there will be more ups and downs and I still have lots of questions.

T.J.

Congratulations on your "de-lurking" and a very warm welcome. I hope that your health issues have made a turn-a-round because there are many new days ahead.

Please feel free to ask any questions. When, I first posted I believe that I was relentless. :)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien