Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone could pls help me.

I live in Spain and have had most of the symptoms of Celiac Disease.........It first came about that I had a Gyn problem but with some blood tests and colonoscopy I received my blood report back and they told me that all the tests were normal.....for the last 5 months my ferritin has been around 8.0 ng/ml, the doctor tells me its low but is ok as I am not showing anemia.

My Celiaca blood test came back like this....this is the part that I dont understand

Its all in spanish so if I get the wording wrong pls forgive me

TTG(...I think) is 6.4

IgA ..4.0

Then it said Celiac...A

Can anyone tell me if these results are normal???????

Many Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone could pls help me.

I live in Spain and have had most of the symptoms of Celiac Disease.........It first came about that I had a Gyn problem but with some blood tests and colonoscopy I received my blood report back and they told me that all the tests were normal.....for the last 5 months my ferritin has been around 8.0 ng/ml, the doctor tells me its low but is ok as I am not showing anemia.

My Celiaca blood test came back like this....this is the part that I dont understand

Its all in spanish so if I get the wording wrong pls forgive me

TgA...I think is 6.4

IgA ..4.0

Then it said Celiac...A

Can anyone tell me if these results are normal???????

Many Thanks

Hmmm, it's pretty hard to tell but....

I think the first result is your tTg (this is the most important part of the panel)

Usually (although different labs can have different values) anything above an 8-10 is considered positive.

The second result is probably measuring your total amount of antibodies (not sure what it should read though :unsure: )

However...blood tests DO NOT rule out celiac disease (my hubby's bloods were negative but had positive biopsy)

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif