• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Lauren M

Gettysburg (pa) Gluten Free Group

Rate this topic

Hey Everyone in the Gettsyburg area,

This is a very last minute reminder that tonight, @ 7 pm at the Gettysburg Hospital, we are having our Spring support group meeting. We will have lots of samples and vendors, and Jules E. D. Shepard will be there with her new book "Nearly Normal Cooking for Gluten-Free Eating."

This is a really great group of people that embraced me and helped me immensely when I was first diagnosed 3+ years ago. They are a fantastic bunch and the meetings are always informative and fun. Hope to see some of you there. If you have any questions, let me know!

- Lauren

Hey Everyone in the Gettsyburg area,

This is a very last minute reminder that tonight, @ 7 pm at the Gettysburg Hospital, we are having our Spring support group meeting. We will have lots of samples and vendors, and Jules E. D. Shepard will be there with her new book "Nearly Normal Cooking for Gluten-Free Eating."

This is a really great group of people that embraced me and helped me immensely when I was first diagnosed 3+ years ago. They are a fantastic bunch and the meetings are always informative and fun. Hope to see some of you there. If you have any questions, let me know!

- Lauren

I love that y'all do this!!! My parents will be going for me!!! Hopefully they'll send the samples to me and not eat them!

Is there a mailing list or email list to get on board with for this? I'm very interested but cannot make it tonight. Thanks!

Is there a mailing list or email list to get on board with for this? I'm very interested but cannot make it tonight. Thanks!

This was a thread from 2007. I believe the Gettysburg group has closed as of this year. The woman who ran it was diagnosed with cancer and no one stepped up to fill in.

I visited Gettysburg last month. There is a great little coffee shop on middle st. by the name of Mom's Coffee Pot... near the court house. Went there twice for a gluten free breakfast sandwich that was delicious. They are open for breakfast and lunch. Dobson's guest house/inn/pub had steak and baked potato...no gluten-free menu to speak of but the atmosphere is great...period costumes for the waitresses in a historical home. Also had a great piece of fish at the hotel restuarant in the Wyndham Hotel on the edge of Gettysburg. I was told by the hostess that there wasn't much except salads for celiacs. The chef made me a broiled fish and veggies that was quite tasty. My advice would be to speak up. This is very much a tourist town and they do cater to the tourist.

I didn't find any of the larger chain restaurants in the area, but there are many one of a kind businesses that can accomodate a gluten free diner with some advance notice.

Hope you enjoy your trip to Gettysburg.

I visited Gettysburg last month. There is a great little coffee shop on middle st. by the name of Mom's Coffee Pot... near the court house. Went there twice for a gluten free breakfast sandwich that was delicious. They are open for breakfast and lunch. Dobson's guest house/inn/pub had steak and baked potato...no gluten-free menu to speak of but the atmosphere is great...period costumes for the waitresses in a historical home. Also had a great piece of fish at the hotel restuarant in the Wyndham Hotel on the edge of Gettysburg. I was told by the hostess that there wasn't much except salads for celiacs. The chef made me a broiled fish and veggies that was quite tasty. My advice would be to speak up. This is very much a tourist town and they do cater to the tourist.

I didn't find any of the larger chain restaurants in the area, but there are many one of a kind businesses that can accomodate a gluten free diner with some advance notice.

Hope you enjoy your trip to Gettysburg.

I think you mean the Dobbin House?