Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All I have to say is EW! I guess the Glutino Brand gluten-free Cracker Flax (Tomato & Onion flavor) is just not for me..... I'm a little burned out on the rice crips I've been eating. What else is out there?

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease February 2007

Finally feeling better than ever!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I get the Glutino crackers that look like Ritz crackers, they have a buttery taste. I liked them. If I cannot get those I get the EnerG brand as well.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

I get the Glutino crackers that look like Ritz crackers, they have a buttery taste. I liked them. If I cannot get those I get the EnerG brand as well.

I haven't tried the Glutino Flax Seed ones, but the plain ones that are shaped like a Ritz cracker are incredible! Other than rice crackers, they are the only cracker I will eat. They kinda taste like a cross between a Saltine and a Ritz cracker.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

I haven't tried the Glutino Flax Seed ones, but the plain ones that are shaped like a Ritz cracker are incredible! Other than rice crackers, they are the only cracker I will eat. They kinda taste like a cross between a Saltine and a Ritz cracker.

I will have to look for those. are they completely safe or are they made in a facility with other wheat products like the blue diamonds (i think that is the name of the ones)

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Glutino makes all gluten-free foods so I'm assuming all of the facilities are gluten-free. The flax ones taste like....well, a big handful of flax seeds...... ugh! I'll have too look for the ritz type ones. those sound tasty!

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease February 2007

Finally feeling better than ever!

In all the stores I have shopped in, the only place I have found the Ritz type ones was at the Gluten Free Source in Dillsburg PA.

I do like Nut Thins too.

36_22_10[1].gif

We also love the Glutino ones that are like Ritz crackers. Even the little boy I watch who isn't gluten-free loves them and begs me for them! LOL!

Kim

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm

but how to dance in the rain."

Positive bloodwork 1/9/06

gluten-free since 1/12/06

Very positive dietary response

DS (12 years old)

Biopsy 7/7/06 ~ Diagnosed Celiac 7/12/2006

gluten-free since 7/15/2006

DD (almost 6)

HLA-DQ2 positive

Celiac Bloodwork negative 2 different times

Still eating gluten for now.

I haven't been able to find the Ritz type Glutino crackers. Are they in a box like their other crackers and do they have a special name?

One weekend when I have time I want to make a special run to the store in Dillsburg; it is probably a couple of hours from me. Is it worthwhile?

Thanks!

They are in a big box, and I believe the box is either dark blue or black. Can't remember off hand. It is a chunky box and there are two packages of crackers in it.

36_22_10[1].gif

You can order them on amazon - just search gluten free crackers in both the grocery section and the gourmet foods section - I can't remember which one they are in. You do have to order in bulk though (6 boxes I think), but they are very good and don't have too much of a flavor so go great with cheese, etc. My 2 1/2 year old (not gluten-free herself) loves them too!

I don't see them on Amazon (only the banana flax seed ones, but here is a link from Glutino's site.

http://70.47.23.213/sale_sheets/Glutino/Cr...mp;%20Rusks.pdf

http://www.glutino.com/index.php?option=co...&Itemid=104

There new pretzels are also incredible. My husband actually told me a few weeks ago that he no longer likes regular pretzels after eating these :)

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne