Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confused

Can Everyone Post Their Genes

Got my diagnosis through a Biopsy so now my you have peaked my interest. How do you find out what Genes you carry? Is it a blood test?

I would really appreciate someone helping me understand these results.These are for my 6 year old son.

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0302

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 8,8)

Interpretation Of HLA-DQ Testing: HLA gene analysis reveals that you have two copies of the main genes that predispose to gluten sensitivity and celiac sprue, HLA-DQ2 or HLA-DQ8. Having two copies of a gluten sensitive or celiac gene means that each of your parents, and all of your children (if you have them) will possess at least one copy of the gene. Two copies also means there is an even stronger predisposition to gluten sensitivity than having one gene and the resultant immunologic gluten sensitivity or celiac disease may be more severe.

I would really appreciate someone helping me understand these results.These are for my 6 year old son.

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 8,8)

He's doubld DQ8. That means he got a DQ8 from you and your husband. If he's had a reaction to gluten then he is either on his way to becoming celiac (with diagnosable damage via biopsy) or he is celiac. My family all tested low through enterolab (between 10 and 15) but with the celiac genes we just figured it was early celiac. Enterolab can't tell you whether you have celiac, just whether you are mounting an IgA response to gluten.

Myself:

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (Subtype 2,7)

Husband:

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 06xx

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 8,6)

Son:

LA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (Subtype 2,8)

He's doubld DQ8. That means he got a DQ8 from you and your husband. If he's had a reaction to gluten then he is either on his way to becoming celiac (with diagnosable damage via biopsy) or he is celiac. My family all tested low through enterolab (between 10 and 15) but with the celiac genes we just figured it was early celiac. Enterolab can't tell you whether you have celiac, just whether you are mounting an IgA response to gluten.

my results from enterolab on the IgA response were 9, i talked to enterolab as i have DQ8,5 and she said that im on my way to testing positive if i continue to consume gluten in a year from now i probably would, since i am having a great responce to the diet the nurse told me to keep on it and never go back.

Got my diagnosis through a Biopsy so now my you have peaked my interest. How do you find out what Genes you carry? Is it a blood test?

It's a genetic panel test. You can ask your doctor about it. But I would be concerned with which lab they chose to send it to, some are more reputable than others.

Having two copies of a gluten sensitive or celiac gene means that each of your parents, and all of your children (if you have them) will possess at least one copy of the gene. Two copies also means there is an even stronger predisposition to gluten sensitivity than having one gene and the resultant immunologic gluten sensitivity or celiac disease may be more severe.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

Chances are if you have lumps on your body for years and the Dr. isn't concerned they're probably not lymph nodes. Chronically swollen lymph nodes would be something every Dr. would be concerned with.  Chances are you just have cysts ...
    It's different  for everyone, it can be a month or maybe a year. Most probably within a few months. This is assuming the symptoms are in fact related to gluten, which they may not be. 
    Hi Laura I'm so pleased you found answers.  This is very encouraging.  Seven years on from my own diagnosis I wish I could have some vitamin and mineral screening, I'm sure I'm still deficient. Cristiana