Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

luv2cook

Woooohooooo! My First Successful Loaf Of Bread!

First, thanks to all of you for your advice on gluten-free bread making. Perseverance pays off... I made my first successful loaf of gluten-free bread. It was light, fluffy, and not really spongy. See my avatar for pic.

Oh, and Cheri, I sent you a PM again. Don't know WHICH bread you were referring to. There were TWO bread recipes on that site.....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

picture didnt post. which brand did you use?? i have been using 'gluten free pantry' brand, and i actually like it. the frozen stuff pretty much sucks , i wouldnt even feed it to the ducks at the local park.congrats on the loaf!!!

diagnosed  Celiac in Feb 2007... having a real hard time commiting to the diet

I ended up tweaking a recipe I found, adding, changing and creating my own.... Oh boy, my FIRST gluten-free bread recipe!

See my profile for a link to the pic and recipe in the post on my blog. See website in my profile...

Congratulations on your bread.

Would you mind posting your revised recipe? I see from your blog that you cannot have eggs. I've been trying, and not succeeding, in baking a good loaf of gluten-free and egg-free bread.

Valda

Enterolab results: ...two genes for gluten intolerance ...casein intolerance

other sensitivities: corn, eggs, soy, potato, tapioca

Hypoglycemic

Sensitivity to high EMFs [electromagnetic frequency] (limits my time in front of the computer)

Living a healthier, happier life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.Psalm 139: 9,10

I would like to see it also, my nephew is coming to visit this fall, he has egg issues, I have gluten issues, would be a nice compromise! Anyone want to hire out as my chef for the 10 days he will be here, would only have to shuffle his multiple food allergies and my gluten, lol :lol:

Just my .00000002 cents worth

If I knew what I was doing years ago I would have half a clue today!

Sure. Here it is as posted on my blog: [EDITED TO REFLECT MY ADDITION OF VINEGAR, OOPS!]

I finally made my first successful loaf of gluten-free bread, and I am in heaven. I ended up tweaking a recipe I found--adding, changing ingredients and finally creating my own recipe that is free of gluten, dairy, and eggs. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. This bread was everything I wanted it to be--light, fluffy, not really spongey or dry like the other 8 failed bricks I've made in a week. Now, my mind races as I think about the possible variations on my newly concocted recipe: english muffins, bagels, sandwich buns for burgers and dogs... Oh, I have more work to do.

Now, here's my recipe:

3/4 cup Garbanzo bean flour

3/8 cup sorghum flour

1 cup cornstarch

1 cup + 1 Tablespoon tapioca flour

2 tbsp sweet rice flour

3 tbsp ground flaxseed

3 tbsp vegetable oil

Congrats on the bread. Isn't it an awesome feeling when you finally make something all on your own!

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

NOT being forum police here - but I want to protect you from my mistakes in the past. You're not allowed to post your blog as a link in a post. You ARE allowed to add it to your profile and I think you're allowed to direct people there.

I just don't want you to make the same mistakes I did. :D

Wow, thanks. Didn't know that having been a member about a week or so, thanks. I changed the previous post to reflect this, and added my blog link to my profile instead. I appreciate the advice.

NO PROBLEM! I just don't want you to get in any trouble (not like Scott is harsh or anything at all). I think due to the real advertising he has on the site he has to be careful of the "free" advertising so he doesn't lose sponsors.

It is in the guidelines you agree to when signing up (but who reads ALL of those when you sign up somewhere! LOL :D).

Anyway...glad you got your pic working. Looks like a great loaf. I did go check out your blog too. :D