Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

angel_jd1

So....i'm In People Magazine.

Ok it's not like a picture of me, or an article about me. But My name is IN people magazine!! I am soooo excited!!

I was searching their website the other day for the info on the Dana Korn article. Came across this thing where you could submit a question for Rachael Ray to answer. I asked what she would cook for a romantic gluten free dinner.

I bought the issue of People thinking the Dana Korn article would be in there, however it keeps getting pushed back. Well I DO love people so I was reading it....and OMG OMG OMG....there is my question and name in print!! I am floored! :o

You can find it on pg. 124 in the May 14,07 issue.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Fantastic! Good work!

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

I never in a million years thought my question would be printed!!! I hope it helps to create a bit of awareness.......even if just one person reads it and "gets it" or looks up gluten-free.

I am still just terribly excited. :lol:

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica

Kansas

How exciting!!!!!! I'm going to get a copy too!!

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

Hi

Good for you, I will most defiantly go and by a People Mag. I have watch Rachel Ray's program a fee time and she has mentioned that her broth that she uses is Gluten Free.

Later

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 21 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 13 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score <300 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 12 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0501

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 5,5)

You can teach an old dog new tricks!!!

Hi

Good for you, I will most defiantly go and by a People Mag. I have watch Rachel Ray's program a fee time and she has mentioned that her broth that she uses is Gluten Free.

Later

Really..? That's cool. She must be getting a lot of emails about it.

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

Great question Jessica. I read the article in the wee morning hours when I couldn't sleep last week and missed the "gluten free" in the question. Either way her suggestions are sound tempting. Did anyone else think it would have been even better if she had mentioned the many gluten-free pastas available to accompany such a meal.

I would have a hard time choosing between the salad with seared scallops or the pancetta wrapped shrimp. Have you tried her either of her suggestions?

Carol

Great question Jessica. I read the article in the wee morning hours when I couldn't sleep last week and missed the "gluten free" in the question. Either way her suggestions are sound tempting. Did anyone else think it would have been even better if she had mentioned the many gluten-free pastas available to accompany such a meal.

I would have a hard time choosing between the salad with seared scallops or the pancetta wrapped shrimp. Have you tried her either of her suggestions?

Carol

Nope.......haven't tried them yet. Haven't had the time! ha

Jessica

Kansas