Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holdthegluten

Yeast Die Off?

What does it feel like when you have yeast die off reaction. I started taking threelac today and im curious on what i can expect. How do i know if the threelac works. How will i feel if my candida goes away?

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Wow, I just started it last week. I just went up to two packs. I know the first few days I felt a little nauseous, but other than that pretty good. I have heard it can cause you to feel fluey, headachy, nauseous, tired etc. It is important to start slow, working up from one packet to start. Drink lots of water and take a fiber supplement to help you with elimination. Are you doing the candida diet with it? I am just cutting sugar. I eat very healthy overall. Let me know how you are doing, and I will keep you posted as well.

Wow, I just started it last week. I just went up to two packs. I know the first few days I felt a little nauseous, but other than that pretty good. I have heard it can cause you to feel fluey, headachy, nauseous, tired etc. It is important to start slow, working up from one packet to start. Drink lots of water and take a fiber supplement to help you with elimination. Are you doing the candida diet with it? I am just cutting sugar. I eat very healthy overall. Let me know how you are doing, and I will keep you posted as well.

I actually felt a little better mentally today, but for some reason my arms and legs feel really tired, and a little tingly. I have had some bloating also. It has only been 3 days, so well see. How are you doing. Dis you have tingly tired limbs like me?

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

No, just a bit of nausea here and there. I think I have been feeling a little more clear headed as well. I am feeling tired today, but it is hard to tell, because I have days like that anyway. Are you following the diet or just doing Threelac? I already avoid sugar and yeast. (I do have organic ice cream once a week). No yeast and maybe a few pears a week. I actually feel the worst if I eat a starchy grain like white rice, or corn. I have noticed in addition to some fleeting nausea, being very hungry the past few days. Are you taking fiber supplement and drinking lots of water? How many packs are you taking??

I did not take threelac, but did a diet with absolutely no sugar, including fruit. It was tough. The hardest part, though, was by about the end of the first week (was aiming for three weeks, then adding back fruit), I could barely walk up my own driveway. I was physically so tired I couldn't do anything but get out of bed and move to a chair. This doesn't work in my house where my dog demands a bit more attention than that. So I had an almond shake -- so this was two weeks into it maybe. I could feel myself getting better as I swallowed.

I need to do the damned thing again because I've been having a lot of bloating and have accidentally gotten into the sugar again in black tea (used to drink green tea which I don't like sugar in). This time, though, I'll go more slowly - take a month and eat some low glycemic fruits.

Take care and good luck.