Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got glutened this week for the ftime in a really long time...I woke up this mroning with a mouth full of painful sores...I know that they are slef limiting but I havent had it in so long that I forget how to best treat it....so far lots of gargling and some motrin to reduce pain and inflammation. Someone suggested increasing B vits for a while...any ideas?? Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sorry you got gultened.

What my baby-brother, an M.D., told me to do (long before I was diagnosed with celiac) was to eat raw garlic. So whenever I got sores (none since going gluten-free) I would make some homemade hummus or some ceasar salad or greek salad. It worked every time.

Good luck to you.

I got glutened this week for the ftime in a really long time...I woke up this mroning with a mouth full of painful sores...I know that they are slef limiting but I havent had it in so long that I forget how to best treat it....so far lots of gargling and some motrin to reduce pain and inflammation. Someone suggested increasing B vits for a while...any ideas?? Thanks

Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

I get mouth sores from gluten. Those are painful! A couple of home remedies: put a baking powder paste on the sores and leave for 5 minutes then rinse. You can also rinse with hydrogen peroxide. It stings, but they heal faster.

Your dentist or doctor can also prescribe cream which numbs them and helps them heal.

i was also told a few years ago by a dentist to stay away from coke type drinks and orange juice.i have been getting cankor sores for over twenty five years i had no idea gluten was what was causing them

diagnosed  Celiac in Feb 2007... having a real hard time commiting to the diet