Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHinNOVA

Gluten Free Food At amazon .com

This may have been posted before (I'm new here) but I don't see it in any of the recent threads so I'll post anyway for the benefit of others who may not be aware.

I see amazon .com has 529 items listed as Gluten Free in their grocery section. The prices appear to be quite attractive vs. my local Whole Foods and Trader Joes. They are for bulk lots so it is probably best to buy them elsewhere to try them the first time. Once you have the favorites, it is quite simple to add to your Amazon shopping cart and reorder as needed. As I poked around there it appears most are eligible for some type of free shipping as long as you're not in a big hurry.

This should be particularly good for those in areas without good local sources for gluten free products. In addition it appears to me the pricing may make it a good idea even for those with local sources.

My nutrionist/dietician recommended a brand of vitamins at Whole Foods. I bought my first bottle there (6 month supply for $44.95). I see Amazon has the same thing for $22.34 (less than half price!).

I'm already an Amazon regular for books, music, movies and kitchen appliances. Once I figure out what I like in gluten free food, I'll probably also add that to my list of Amazon favorites.

WH

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I order our bread through them. Pamela's Wheat Free Bread - pkg of 6 for 20 bucks. I get free two-day shipping too because I'm an Amazon Prime member.

I always forget to mention this because they mostly just sell in multiple packages. Thanks for posting this.

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

They are having a sale right now-$10 off $49 or more (easy to do if you buy a couple bulk items). Use code MEAL1000 to get the discount and look for things that are sold direct from Amazon for free super saver shipping.

Mom to 3 girls

DD1-diagnosed by allergist 10/2006

DD4 & DD9-diagnosed by Mom 01/2007

I love Amazon for gluten-free Food. I buy Lundberg RiceXpress by the case, my favorite Twinings Earl Grey Tea, and gluten-free Pantry Favorite Sandwich bread through Amazon. Whole Foods will give me a better price on Namaste Spice cake, when I order a case (6) they take off 5%. I always order more than $25 so I qualify for free shipping but I have to watch out. My favorite quick gluten-free Bun mix doesn't count toward free shipping.

Karen B.

diagnosed with Celiac Nov. 2003