Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

burdee

Seattle celiac disease Awareness Walk And Gluten Free Food Fair

On May 19 at Green Lake Community Center (7201 East Greenlake Drive North) in North Seattle, we will hold the annual Celiac Disease Awareness Walk and Gluten Free Food Fair. Registration for the walk (includes tee shirt) begins at 8am on the patio outside the GLCC. The walk and food fair begin at 9am and continue until 12 noon. After a kick-off speech by Dr. Stephen Wangen of the IBS Treatment Center, we will walk the 2.8 mile Green Lake path. The Gluten Free Food Fair will provide product samples from 20 different gluten free food companies. The food fair information table will offer brochures from the Seattle IBS Treatment Center, Enterolab, USBioTek Labs (which processes ELISA tests), GlutenFreePassport (guidebook for eating out gluten free) and GIG (which sponsors the walk). If you need more information or directions to Green Lake, email me at penguinea@hotmail.com or see http://www.gluten.net

BURDEE

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

woot!

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

I'll be there! Maybe bring some friends/family!

On May 19 at Green Lake Community Center (7201 East Greenlake Drive North) in North Seattle, we will hold the annual Celiac Disease Awareness Walk and Gluten Free Food Fair. Registration for the walk (includes tee shirt) begins at 8am on the patio outside the GLCC. The walk and food fair begin at 9am and continue until 12 noon. After a kick-off speech by Dr. Stephen Wangen of the IBS Treatment Center, we will walk the 2.8 mile Green Lake path. The Gluten Free Food Fair will provide product samples from 20 different gluten free food companies. The food fair information table will offer brochures from the Seattle IBS Treatment Center, Enterolab, USBioTek Labs (which processes ELISA tests), GlutenFreePassport (guidebook for eating out gluten free) and GIG (which sponsors the walk). If you need more information or directions to Green Lake, email me at penguinea@hotmail.com or see http://www.gluten.net

BURDEE

Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States