• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

janelyb

Being Cold Once On gluten-free Diet?

Rate this topic

Ok this might sound odd, but since I've been gluten-free I am cold more frequently, more tired and have achy muscles all the time for the past month. Anyone have a clue why? Could it be my iron levels dropping?

I am certainly not an expert on the subject and have had no personal experience, but it has been mentioned here quite a bit - Low thyroid .

I second that. Achy muscles is where it all began for me. I couldn't figure out why all my muscles were sore like I had worked out or something. I was 24 years old and groaning upon standing up. If you think this might be the issue (although it could be iron, too), you should check out www.stopthethyroidmadness.com On that website you can read about the proper testing you need in order to either be diagnosed or rule out possible hypothyroidism. An easy way to check it yourself is to take your temperature. There's a page on that website the tells you how and why to do so. Good luck!

~K