Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Annaem

Toronto Restaurant -"relish" On The Danforth

I was wondering if anyone has eaten here before. Apparently they have a gluten free menu. Just hoping to get some feedback.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have never heard of it....

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Here is their website - they don't mention or advertise a gluten free option anywhere on it.....

http://www.relishbarandgrill.com/rest_rev.htm

Karen

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

-- Victor Borge

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

I have never heard of it....

Karen

I saw it on a toronto website that they offer a gluten free menu. In fact the owner sent me a menu. I was hoping someone had tried it. If youre interested just email them and they will send you their menu.

The only restaurant I have eaten out at in years is Outback Steakhouse in Whitby. I'm too much of a wimp to be more adventurous!

After you try it, let me know, in case I feel daring some day!

Karen

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Orison Swett Marden

-- Victor Borge

Tom Nansbury

Unknown

The only restaurant I have eaten out at in years is Outback Steakhouse in Whitby. I'm too much of a wimp to be more adventurous!

After you try it, let me know, in case I feel daring some day!

I totally understand. I am very strict about going out. Once and a while we splurge and go somewhere nice. But i always email them and confirm ingredients before i even go. This place is owned and run by a chef. The problem with a typical diner is the cook is not a chef. Chef's have the education to understand what gluten free means. But accidents happen everywhere... I've gone to a few places and have had success, so if you ever feel adventurous and want some suggestions let me know. But im waiting to try this place out until i read someone's experience. :)