Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teacher1958

Nineteen More Days Until Summer Break- Thank God

Okay, I need to rant! I am sitting here in my recliner completely exhausted! I have the worst second grade class I've ever had (this is my sixth year in regular education). I haven't had a group this awful since I taught special education (20 years in all). I realized the other day that out of 24 students, there were only eight who had not caused a problem that required e-mails and notes home, phone calls, visits to the principal, missed planning periods (mine), etc. I hadn't been on the couch in the lounge for ten minutes today when I heard screaming in the hallway. It was this little brat who throws tantrums all the time and had just run out of a class, so I had to go deal with that. Over the past 164 days, I've had a kid smear poopy toilet paper all over the bathroom, a kid pee all over the bathroom, lying, cheating, stealing, tantruming, high maintenance moms and their extremely high maintenance kids, a kid who talks in baby talk all day, ticks, lice, hysterical crying, a constant stream of kids who claim to be sick (but look fine at recess time) and probably things I can't even recall. It's so bad that I am just waiting for my doctor to order a colonoscopy, so I can have a day off. On the bright side, I am going to have a little party for the eight kids who have allowed me to maintain my sanity this year. I know it can't make up for all the time that has been taken from them by the other sixteen, but it will make me feel better and give them a little bit of a reward for acting like civil and polite human beings. I am just hoping that next year will be better, because normally, I really like my job. :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have to give you all my sympathies and all the kudos that I know. Being a teacher has got to be the hardest and least acknowledge profession in the world. I have had my little one-two with a few teachers, but never without respect. (well, yes a few who verbally demeaned my children)

You deserve a wonderful summer respite. I hope it's a wonderful one.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

So sorry you've had a rough class. Some groups of kids are just like that. Our 5th grade teacher can hardly wait for the year to be done - they're the trouble group in our school.

You definitely deserve your summer vacation! I'm a PE teacher, so I get to give the kids back after 30 minutes - something that has saved my sanity over the years.

Hang in there!

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13