• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

jkmunchkin

Duncan Hines Cream Cheese Frosting

Rate this topic

I know we've covered this before but I just want to double check. Is Duncan Hines Cream Cheese Frosting gluten free?

I usually only buy Pillsbury, but they didn't have the cream cheese one and I'm making a carrot cake for my brother's birthday (who is also celiac).

I already bought it but just want to double check before using it. All the ingrients seem to be safe.

I don't know the answer to your question, BUT I ahve an awesome easy recipe that I make all the time for Cream cheese Frosting.

Take one stick of butter, softened to room temp

one brick of cream cheese, softened to room temp

Blend those together until smooth, add a dash or two of vanilla and then powdered sugar until it is the consistency you want it.

yuuuuuummmmy!!! On cakes, cookies, fruit, or by the spoonful if you are feeling really naughty!!

I don't know the answer to your question, BUT I ahve an awesome easy recipe that I make all the time for Cream cheese Frosting.

Take one stick of butter, softened to room temp

one brick of cream cheese, softened to room temp

Blend those together until smooth, add a dash or two of vanilla and then powdered sugar until it is the consistency you want it.

yuuuuuummmmy!!! On cakes, cookies, fruit, or by the spoonful if you are feeling really naughty!!

From the Clan Thompson.com celiac site:

"January 24, 2007:

Duncan Hines told me today (January 24, 2007) that they no longer consider any of their frostings to be gluten free because they are manufactured in a facility that shares lines with gluten containing products. Also, they would give no information about specific flavors of their frosting when I spoke with them on the phone. They just emphasize that no matter what the ingredient panel says, none of the frostings are gluten free.Food SmartList subscribers should note this change."

As a hint, you could mix butter, vanilla and cream cheese together & freeze it for short-term future use if you bake a lot. Or should cream cheese not be frozen?....just a thought.