Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rickd

New Here And Need Help

I just received my 3yr old daughters celiac panel test results back and her doctor stated he has never seen results this high.

Antigliadin Abs, IgG 63

t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgG 1

Immunoglobulin A, On, Serum 47

Im not really sure what all this means, Dr said he is sure she has celiac disease and is sending us to a Gastro. Can someone please help me understand what these numbers mean? Thank you in advance for your help..

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Do you have the ranges that the numbers are supposed to be in.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Do you have the ranges that the numbers are supposed to be in.

paula

Antigliadin Abs, IgG - 63 0-9 Negative >9 Postive

t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgG 1 0-5 Negative 6-9 weak Positive >9 Postive

Immunoglobulin A, Qn, Serum 47 mg/dL 20-100

So only the IgG is positive. Well that is how it was with my son. only the IgG was high, his was like 69.8 from range 0-10. But an high IgG is not enough to diagnose celiac.

paula

So only the IgG is positive. Well that is how it was with my son. only the IgG was high, his was like 69.8 from range 0-10. But an high IgG is not enough to diagnose celiac.

paula

Thank You for your response, She has an appt with a Gastro Doc on the 16th so I hope he can shed some light. Has your son had any additional tests to diagnose celiac?

Well we live in a small town and the gastro dr that we were supposed to see kept cancelling, so we did the enterolab testing and he came back with celiac genes and tested positive on the rest of the stool test. And we have noticed an big improvement since going gluten free. We are now in the process of trying to met with dr lewey.

We didnt want to put him back on gluten to get an biopsy done. he is way to sick when he was on gluten. We can always tell when he cheats cause he is mean and gets nasty mouth sores. It is very hard keeping an 13 yr old gluten free.

paula