Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CinnyPoo

What's Good About Celiac

1. No more gas, farts, diarrhea, headaches, muschle aches

2. Having tons of energy...I mean tons

3. Actually having energy for sex

4. Tons of choices - if this were 20 or 30 years ago, we would all be eating rice cakes and thats about it

5. Discovering that I have the best husband, family and friends. Of course, they have a vested interest in me not eating gluten becuase they all have to suffer with the peeling-paint farts and the disgusting liquid explosions from my back side. :o

I have days that just make me want to scream but 99% of the time, this is the best thing that ever happened to me. I had absolutely no idea how sick I was until I was diagnosed with Celiac, changed my diet and gained 30 pounds. Think positive and remember to always have fun no matter where you are or what you're doing. :rolleyes:

One wipers! (oh, yeah, you know what I mean).

Cindy you can be happy about your 30 pound gain, I am happy with my 2 pound loss, however that reduced me 3 pants sizes!!! I feel better (not perfect yet but getting closer) I have more energy and have actually eaten more in the last 2 months than I did for the 6 months prior!

One wipers! (oh, yeah, you know what I mean).

I know!!! I think the money I save just in toilet paper and wipes (for the kids) helps to fund all the gluten-free food we eat.

:lol::lol::lol:

Other things that are good - tons. Being able to sleep and actually feel awake the next day. I've always been so leary of waking up early because I've always needed 10-12 hours of sleep, even after the 3-4 hours it took for me to actually fall asleep. But now, once I'm awake, I'm just awake. I'm not drinking tons of coffee and/or energy drinks all day in a desperate attempt to keep my eyes open.

Not having to know where all the bathrooms are. We moved to a different suburb a few months ago and I still have no clue where most of the bathrooms are in the stores around here.

Being able to stand in line somewhere and not have to worry about the constant awful gas I had. I actually have to go stand in line for who knows how long to get a copy of a birth certificate tomorrow. I never would have done that a couple years ago. I would have just written in and waited the 6-8 weeks for them to send it to me, rather than go stand in line for 45 minutes.

Nancy

Not having my daughter standing outside the bathroom stall where ever we are out in public asking out loud "MOMMY ARE YOU GOING POOPY AGAIN" :o with a bathroom full of women and kids. Now she just ask "MOMMY ARE YOU GOING POTTY AGAIN" with a bathroom full of women and kids. I have a small bladder, or just have bladder issues.

Not passing gas on my husband will have sex. ;);)

Not passing loud gas in the elevator with it full of overlytired people working the night shift or a patient who just might nauses to begin with.

Enjoying a movie eighter at home or a date with my husband at the movies

The best thing is actually learning how to cook food, I was never very good at it before, but boy am I now!

Having ice cream be my only 'safe treat' when we're out. (OH darn.)

Having all my boyfriend's coworkers jealous because he goes to work with all sorts of wonderful homemade foods.

Chebe bread.

Laughing hystericaly at someone who's so excited at going back to 'one-wipers', I so got it!