• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Guhlia

It's A Girl!

Rate this topic

I just got my third ultrasound done today and the woman did a 3d ultrasound for me, for free. :) Anyway, they couldn't tell with the last ultrasound what the baby was. This time it was pretty clear that it's a girl!!

awww she is so cute. I wish i could of had an 3-d u/s with any of the kids. I remember my first born son was a girl for 9.5 months to lol

paula

Angie!! :D How wonderful! Another little girl--Tori must be so excited about her new little sister.

Thanks for giving us a peak of the little one :) Wow--so much detail. I had my kids back in the dark ages :lol:

Tori actually really wanted a baby brother. She wanted to teach him how to play tee ball with her. She's such a tomboy. She took one look at the pictures though and said "look mommy, it's a baby girl!" Not that you could see in the pictures she was looking at, I guess she just had a hunch. She's still excited, but she told me that the new baby girl wasn't allowed to touch her makeup because that was only for big girls. Ha. Kids are so cute.

Yeah, Patti, the 3D was unreal. I never in a million years would have thought it would be so clear. It was really cool. You could definitely tell plain as day what you were looking at. No guess work at all. Even the 2D ultrasound with this newer machine was really good and I could see a ton. Way better than my doctor's ultrasound.

I really want to name her Annika, but my husband isn't completely sold on that name. I just think it's such a feminine name. I want to call her baby Annie then when she's little. That way, when she grows up she has so many choices for for what she gets to be called: Ann, Annie, Nik, Nikki, Annika... There are just so many cute choices there and I like all of them. Plus, one of my best friends is named Anne (Annie) so the name has a really positive vibe to it for me.

I'm still stuck on middle names though. I like either Imogen (hubby's mother is named Jean), Emily, or Emmy (after a song that my best friend and I love). My daughter is actually named after my best friend also. :)

Carla, I'm about 24 weeks. :)

Congratulations and what a beautiful baby! :)

Angie!!!

Congrats! That image is amazing. Tammy didn't have the 3-d imaging so this is the first I have seen it. Emily is one of mine and John's favorite names. Annika is a very cute name though. It is hard to choose. Glad to hear Tori is excited. Hope all is well for you.

:):):)

I really want to name her Annika, but my husband isn't completely sold on that name. I just think it's such a feminine name. I want to call her baby Annie then when she's little. That way, when she grows up she has so many choices for for what she gets to be called: Ann, Annie, Nik, Nikki, Annika... There are just so many cute choices there and I like all of them. Plus, one of my best friends is named Anne (Annie) so the name has a really positive vibe to it for me.

I'm still stuck on middle names though. I like either Imogen (hubby's mother is named Jean), Emily, or Emmy (after a song that my best friend and I love). My daughter is actually named after my best friend also. :)

Carla, I'm about 24 weeks. :)

Not Gulia Goose...so disapointed :( I have an Ann Lloyd. I chose Ann and she is always called Annie. It just fits her personality. Lloyd is a family name. (But I think that we have been her before)..

You won't know until you see her face. Girls are special. (until they get to be teenagers and then they morf into such strange beings)

Happy for you Angie and may all wonderrful things come you way.

Angie

I can safely say that on my floor at work that I don't think that I have ever heard of that name, Annika, very unique in my opinion. And I have heard of a lot of names the last 4years working with newborns at the hospital that I work at. One of the strangest name I have heard of was her intials were DNA (Dark Nokternal Agony) parents were young and into to the dark side of things. Congratulations.

Donna

Yeah, Annika's not a very common name at all. I think it's very pretty though. It's been one of my favorite names since I was a little girl. I used to have a book (can't remember what book) and there were two twins in it, I think the boy's name was Tommy and the girl's name was Annika. I thought it was such a neat name, but my husband vetoed it with my first daughter. He chose Victoria. So, I figure, this time it's my turn to name her what I want since we're having a second girl and I wasn't 100% keen on the name Victoria. I've known that I wanted her to be Annika long before we got pregnant again.

Congratulations! I like Annika. If your husband's into golf tell him it's for Annika Sorenstam...that might nudge him along. I also used to know a girl named Annick (a-NICK).

I didn't realize Tori was her nickname or did I read your post wrong?

Yeah, Tori's just her nickname. Her full name is Victoria Madison Guhl. We wanted something that would be suitable for any profession, we figured between Victoria and Tori she would fit in anywhere. :)

Congratulations, Angie! What a cutie!! I think it's hysterically funny that Tori is already talking about her make-up :lol:

I can't believe the picture -- the detail is unbelievable. What was it like when you were watching the monitor? Did you get to see her move, things like that? I got to see Ashley suck her thumb, but it was in the olden days. I would love to see what it looks like now -- I'll bet it gives you chills! If you don't mind, and if it's not too intrusive, can you tell about the experience? I am so interested . . . . .

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Lynne

Congratulations, Angie! What a cutie!! I think it's hysterically funny that Tori is already talking about her make-up :lol:

I can't believe the picture -- the detail is unbelievable. What was it like when you were watching the monitor? Did you get to see her move, things like that? I got to see Ashley suck her thumb, but it was in the olden days. I would love to see what it looks like now -- I'll bet it gives you chills! If you don't mind, and if it's not too intrusive, can you tell about the experience? I am so interested . . . . .

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Lynne

It was honestly the coolest thing I've ever done. The machine looked just like a regular old ultrasound machine, nothing fancy looking, just looked brand new (which it was). She did the 2D ultrasound on me which was incredibly detailed for a 2D ultrasound, then she hit a little button on the screen which switched it to 3D mode. It was a 2 second delayed movie of the baby. Of course, you were looking through bones (arms and legs) and it was hard to see too much, but when she would move you could clearly see her face. The images on the screen were much more clear than the avatar picture. It was so cool. At one point she started sucking her thumb and you could actually see her cheeks moving in and out as her thumb bobbed up and down, it was SO clear. She yawned and rubbed her eyes and nose as well as moving limbs and wiggling toes and fingers. It was so clear that I was able to count all of her toes and fingers! I really feel as though I had a chance to meet my baby, kind of see her before she's born. I know she's not fully developed yet or anything, but you could really tell what she's going to look like. Like, I know that she has my nose. How cool is that?!?!?!

The experience was very personal. It was a nice little place, clean and very flowery. The table in the back looked more like a bed than a table and it was all very comfortable. The woman doing the ultrasound was very sweet and she spent SO much more time with me than what I paid for. I didn't even pay for a 3D ultrasound, she just decided to do one on me for some reason. Way cool! I would highly recommend anyone who's pregnant, if you have a chance, get a 3D done. It's so touching, it made me tear up. She's just absolutely beautiful. It was like looking at her for that first time after birth, except I know she's still inside of me. Totally awesome! Like watching a movie of my unborn child.

Okay, now I'm crying!

That is so beautiful . . . and you said it so eloquently! What an incredible experience. I am so glad you got to do that, and to meet your baby girl before she was born. To actually see her cheeks move when she was sucking her thumb and to see her fingers and toes wiggle . . . . . that is AMAZING. How did you keep from now vascillating from laughing then sobbing during the ultrasound???!!!!

Thanks for sharing that story. It is so great to live vicariously sometimes, you know? What a VERY cool way to meet your baby. That is awesome.

Love & Hugs to you,

Lynne

Lynn, I had tears running down my cheek the entire time. It was very hard not to lose it watching this beautiful baby that is inside of me doing all of these special things. It still chokes me up just thinking about it. I wish I had video footage of the ultrasound, I'd put it on my website. That was the only part of the 3D package that I didn't get. Oh well. At least I got to see it all. I wish we would have known that they were going to do the 3D stuff... I would have made my husband come to watch. I thought I was only getting the 2D gender check.

I can imagine that you would have wanted your husband there. I can't imagine seeing your baby like that. Who knew that, all those years ago when they invented ultrasound machines, that they would be able to image babies with so much detail and clarity. I can imagine that you had tears the whole time. Like I said, I cried after reading your post. Thank you again for sharing it. (I wish you could have gotten the video, too. That would have been great.)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Lynne