Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MySuicidalTurtle

I Do Not Reccomend Shirataki Noodles.

My Aunt and I bought some Shirataki Noodles (noodle shaped tofu). I ate them last night with some Ragu and I got sick! They tasted okay but they made me feel bad and my body did not digest them. I will not buy them again.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

http://www.shakespeare-w.com/english/konnyaku/whatis.html

I checked the House Foods website and shirataki contains "yam flour". In Japanese this is called Konnyaku. This is a gluten-free ingedient that comes from a plant but is undigestible. This may be the cause of your problem. The above link about Konnyaku explains this. I have eaten shirataki with no problem but it may not agree with your system if you're still healing. I'm sorry your dinner didn't agree with you. :(

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Good advice Nancym.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies