Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

missy'smom

Glutened At Bonefish

We went out for dinner for Ds and grandpa's B'day so we played it safe and went to Bonefish. Plate looked fine but fish looked a mess, not in one piece and was peppered with charcole bits. Another customer next to us had the fish and it looked the same way, except in one unbroken piece. I made a comment to the waiter that the presentation looked different than before. He said there was no seasoning and I asked hubby to try it and indeed no seasoning. I wanted to send it back but couldn't point out anything clearly wrong, just a gut feeling. I have sent dishes back in the past but never had a problem with the main dish. Now my gut is feeling it. My tummy is huge and hurts and I'm gearing up for not feeling well the next three days. It should become even more apparant tomorrow, according to my reactions lately. D***n! I'm just going to suck it up and not tell Dh because I don't want to spoil the birthdays. I have guests coming thurs that I have to cook for and if it is a glutening, I won't be in good shape. :angry: I can't cancel because I volunteered to do it because the usual person is not well right now. I'm trying to get a few things done tonight before the worst of it hits. Did I say I'm frustrated about this?

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thank you. I don't want to drag a restaurants name through the mud and I'd like to post tomorrow and say it wasn't true but it doesn't feel like it right now. I just had to vent and would like to know what's up with the fish so I can articulate it better next time, although now my score there of safe to unsafe meals is about even. If I'm right this time, it'll be the first time I've actually gotten glutened though.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Sorry you're feeling bad.

Every time we eat food that we didn't prepare ourselves, especially if it's in a kitchen that is not gluten-free, we take a risk. MOST of the time you will not get glutened at a restaurant with a gluten-free menu ... it does happen, however.

Our local Maggianos is a wonderful place to eat. The chef's mother is celiac, so he really knows all about gluten-free. One time I got glutened there.

Having a gluten-free menu minimizes the risk, but it's still there.

About Bonefish, the "garnish" is usually not gluten-free ... sometimes you have to remind them not to put it on your plate.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06