This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I'm Going To Give Up Eating

isiskingdom

isiskingdom Contributor
Dear isiskingdom,

I know what you mean. A lot of times, I dread getting hungry, because I am afraid of eating. I did really well the first two months, then boom! I may have Lyme disease plus like ten other things wrong. However, I will tell you, as loco_ladi mentioned, stress makes everything worse!

I have an idea though. Do you still have your gallbladder? Celiac causes gallbladder disease. Is the pain in your upper right quadrant? You know, right under your rib cage? It also causes severe colon cramping in some people. It did that to me. I felt like someone was taking a double-edged sword and ripping it straight through my intestines. Since having my gallbladder out, that has stopped.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Dear NoGluGirl,

I had my gall bladder out in Jan of this year they thought they had taken care of my pain but, when I still had it thats when I was tested for celiac. Right now I was also tested for a blood disease but, I don't think that would be the cause for my pain on my side. My doctors are stupid out here. I'm not sure what else they should look for. I really do not want to swallow the camera pill because if it doesn't pass in time they have to open me up and I can't swallow pills bigger then sudefed. Also I would like to put on my post what I have but, not sure how to do that. Like how it says what u have all been dignosed with.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

NWLAX36Mom Rookie

You talk about being afraid to "swallow the camera pill". Is that for a small bowel study? My doctor said that can be done with the camera or in a radiology department. You drink barium and then they take x-rays every 10 minutes or so to see your small intestines. Then when it is all the way through, the doctor comes in and pushes around on your intestines and takes more pictures. Why don't you ask your doctor about a small bowel series in this manner?

I'm sure you must be so frustrated; hang in there. It will get better.

isiskingdom Contributor
You talk about being afraid to "swallow the camera pill". Is that for a small bowel study? My doctor said that can be done with the camera or in a radiology department. You drink barium and then they take x-rays every 10 minutes or so to see your small intestines. Then when it is all the way through, the doctor comes in and pushes around on your intestines and takes more pictures. Why don't you ask your doctor about a small bowel series in this manner?

I'm sure you must be so frustrated; hang in there. It will get better.

No, for this one you do have to swallow it. It checks out the small intestine.........Here is what it looks like.....................................Open Original Shared Link I have had a colonoscopy, endoscopy, small bowel and nucular scan done. I have been a metical project for about a year now. I lost my job last June do to this pain and have not been able to work since.

NoGluGirl Contributor
Dear NoGluGirl,

I had my gall bladder out in Jan of this year they thought they had taken care of my pain but, when I still had it thats when I was tested for celiac. Right now I was also tested for a blood disease but, I don't think that would be the cause for my pain on my side. My doctors are stupid out here. I'm not sure what else they should look for. I really do not want to swallow the camera pill because if it doesn't pass in time they have to open me up and I can't swallow pills bigger then sudefed. Also I would like to put on my post what I have but, not sure how to do that. Like how it says what u have all been dignosed with.

Dear isiskingdom,

That is right, I remember now that you told me this before! There still could be other issues.

You could have gotten an injury to your bile duct during the surgery. It is not common, but does occur.

Stones stuck in the bile ducts also can occur.

Another possibility is pernicious anemia. I have heard some terrible things about it. Pain can be caused by it, if I recall correctly. Additional food allergies are another possibility. Doing a rotation diet could help you identify any.

You are talking about the signature you would like to put on there. That is where we put our names and diagnosis. It really is not complicated. All you do is go up to the top where it says My Controls. There will be a list of things on the side. Click on Edit Signature. Type in what you want to have on there. That is it!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

isiskingdom Contributor
Dear isiskingdom,

That is right, I remember now that you told me this before! There still could be other issues.

You could have gotten an injury to your bile duct during the surgery. It is not common, but does occur.

Stones stuck in the bile ducts also can occur.

Another possibility is pernicious anemia. I have heard some terrible things about it. Pain can be caused by it, if I recall correctly. Additional food allergies are another possibility. Doing a rotation diet could help you identify any.

You are talking about the signature you would like to put on there. That is where we put our names and diagnosis. It really is not complicated. All you do is go up to the top where it says My Controls. There will be a list of things on the side. Click on Edit Signature. Type in what you want to have on there. That is it!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

NoGluGirl

Thanx for the help now I will not have to repeat myself. I just ate Blue Diamond nut thins and now I feel icky 10 min's later!!! Does anyone else have a problem with them?

Nancym Enthusiast

Nuts are pretty hard to digest. That's why I think the SCD diet might help you, it concentrates on easy to digest thing. I think my gut is fairly healthy now that I've been gluten-free/CF for 1.5 years but even now if I overdo the nuts (or eat much of any sort of seed) I will have diarrhea.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Isis, have you been tested for heavy metal toxicity? It can create reactions to other things while you're suffering from it, but then once you're body is cleansed of the heavy metals you can return to normal foods. It can't hurt to try.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

isiskingdom Contributor
Isis, have you been tested for heavy metal toxicity? It can create reactions to other things while you're suffering from it, but then once you're body is cleansed of the heavy metals you can return to normal foods. It can't hurt to try.

What do they have to do for that?

Kellygirl Rookie
I have pain in my right side or across my stomach, also nausea a headache and feeling like my back end is going to explode and Very tired . I cut out dariy. I have been keeping a food diary since I found out. I also know that its no shampoo or anything like that since I switched to Dove and I know its safe. I was dignosed a month and half ago I was told I should feel better but do not one bit.

This little bit of info might not make you happy but it is something to know. I notice you had your gall bladder out! Both my mother and my sister did also, I thank goodness haven't had to go through that. My sister experienced severe pain, like a gal bladder attack for about a year after she had it removed. My mother found that she cannot eat peppers of any sort, onions or anything spicy because she will get pain that mimic's a gal bladder attack.

Just a little info.

Kelly

isiskingdom Contributor
This little bit of info might not make you happy but it is something to know. I notice you had your gall bladder out! Both my mother and my sister did also, I thank goodness haven't had to go through that. My sister experienced severe pain, like a gal bladder attack for about a year after she had it removed. My mother found that she cannot eat peppers of any sort, onions or anything spicy because she will get pain that mimic's a gal bladder attack.

Just a little info.

Kelly

WOW that's interesting they told me I should be good as new. I am no where better. I do not eat peppers or onions but, it could be something else thatnks for the info

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear isiskingdom,

The Blue Diamond Nut Thins do not agree with Rachel--24 either! She had numerous food intolerances. They are a result of Lyme, Heavy Metal Toxicity (esp. Mercury), and Candida. I had my gallbladder out, and fats do not always set well with me. I have been eating peanut butter again recently, and began having pain where my gallbladder was again. :(

My doctor told me a lot of people do not adjust well to having their gallbladder removed. You have a difficult time digesting fat because it is gone. I had mine out quite some time ago, but still have a rough time. I am not as sensitive there as I was. However, if I eat too much fat, I get stomach cramps, diarrhea, nausea, and reflux.

Heavy Metal Toxicity can be tested for by a few methods. The most accurate is to have you take a chelator (a substance that forces the mercury to be excreted) and take a urine test. However, some people have taken hair analysis, and they found it in there. If you want to know more about this, Rachel started a thread "OMG! I Think I Might Be Onto Something!" over a year ago. We now have over 1055 pages! :lol: I joined back in August, but got caught up finally! The other members on the forum would be more than happy to answer questions you have regarding this.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

isiskingdom Contributor
Dear isiskingdom,

The Blue Diamond Nut Thins do not agree with Rachel--24 either! She had numerous food intolerances. They are a result of Lyme, Heavy Metal Toxicity (esp. Mercury), and Candida. I had my gallbladder out, and fats do not always set well with me. I have been eating peanut butter again recently, and began having pain where my gallbladder was again. :(

My doctor told me a lot of people do not adjust well to having their gallbladder removed. You have a difficult time digesting fat because it is gone. I had mine out quite some time ago, but still have a rough time. I am not as sensitive there as I was. However, if I eat too much fat, I get stomach cramps, diarrhea, nausea, and reflux.

Heavy Metal Toxicity can be tested for by a few methods. The most accurate is to have you take a chelator (a substance that forces the mercury to be excreted) and take a urine test. However, some people have taken hair analysis, and they found it in there. If you want to know more about this, Rachel started a thread "OMG! I Think I Might Be Onto Something!" over a year ago. We now have over 1055 pages! :lol: I joined back in August, but got caught up finally! The other members on the forum would be more than happy to answer questions you have regarding this.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

NoGluGirl

You are a Restaurant Owner ? That is so kool so do you have a lot of gluten-free items on the menu? I will ask about the heavy metal toxixity but, I'm sure they will just brush that off.

NoGluGirl Contributor
NoGluGirl

You are a Restaurant Owner ? That is so kool so do you have a lot of gluten-free items on the menu? I will ask about the heavy metal toxixity but, I'm sure they will just brush that off.

Dear isiskingdom,

I am a restaurant owner in Rachelville! The girls were goofing around on the "OMG! I Think I Might Be Onto Something" Thread last summer. They named our ideal gluten-free town after Rachel, who started the thread. Everyone has made up silly things ever since, like Purple Glittery Bats, and all kinds of other fun things! Our community is like no other! Rachel is our town President!

We just pick whatever jobs we want!

I would love to open a real gluten free restaurant. That would be awesome! I also have thought about doing gluten free catering. No one does it around here that I know of. It is something I think would be great!

Heavy metal toxicity is often ignored by most doctors. However, going to a naturopath would probably be your best bet with it. My doctor is a holistic physician. She does hair testing. I hope to do that soon. Do you have metal fillings in your mouth?

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

isiskingdom Contributor
Dear isiskingdom,

I am a restaurant owner in Rachelville! The girls were goofing around on the "OMG! I Think I Might Be Onto Something" Thread last summer. They named our ideal gluten-free town after Rachel, who started the thread. Everyone has made up silly things ever since, like Purple Glittery Bats, and all kinds of other fun things! Our community is like no other! Rachel is our town President!

We just pick whatever jobs we want!

I would love to open a real gluten free restaurant. That would be awesome! I also have thought about doing gluten free catering. No one does it around here that I know of. It is something I think would be great!

Heavy metal toxicity is often ignored by most doctors. However, going to a naturopath would probably be your best bet with it. My doctor is a holistic physician. She does hair testing. I hope to do that soon. Do you have metal fillings in your mouth?

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

I called the doctor today and I had to go in to get my weight and BP checked. I asked about the heavy metal test and they said they will be testing for it on Monday. It sucks you are so far away because if you owned a gluten-free restaurant I would be there in a heartbeat. With you having the same thing I know that the food would be made with no CC. I am having another bad day I've had pain in my side and upper stomach All day.

NoGluGirl Contributor
I called the doctor today and I had to go in to get my weight and BP checked. I asked about the heavy metal test and they said they will be testing for it on Monday. It sucks you are so far away because if you owned a gluten-free restaurant I would be there in a heartbeat. With you having the same thing I know that the food would be made with no CC. I am having another bad day I've had pain in my side and upper stomach All day.

Dear isiskingdom,

I think the restaurant or catering thing would be great. I know that the gluten-free population is growing around here. One bread company is going to try and make a gluten-free bread now. This is progress! The problem is, I probably will not be able to eat it, either. I cannot have yeast because of the Candida.

I have not been having a good couple of days myself. I am worried. I have felt weirder all over than normal. I have felt strange, like I am going to nearly pass out, and stiff. I may have Lyme, so that could be why. The heart palpitations are a real problem, too. My Thyroid is hyped up again, and it is probably adding to this. All of this got really bad after a terrible migraine yesterday. I need a lot of testing, and have no money.

It is wonderful they are going to test for heavy metals Monday! Swift action is important! The sooner you find out, the sooner you can fix it! Chelation can be a long process, but it is worthwhile.

When you begin feeling better, that is when you realize you should be proud for sticking it out! Let me know how things go!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Archived