Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest maddiesmom

Chili's

Guest maddiesmom

We had lunch at Chili's Sunday and my daughter hasn't had any kind of reaction yet... we all order from the g.f. menu.. she had the kid's size ribs and I had the steak.. it was really good.. I was surprised. The staff there (Knoxville, TN) were very accomadating also. I am sure we will be back!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've had consistently good meals and no reactions at the Lincoln Nebraska one as well. The manager was outstanding, came to my table and went thru the menu with me the first time. It was one of the better restaurant experiences I've had. Hu Hot in Lincoln is excellent as well.

Glad it worked well for you too!

Ann

hypothyroid

hypoglycemic (diagnosed 1997 but symptomatic since grade school)

fibromyalgia

rheumatoid arthritis (diagnosed January 2005)

peanut allergy

restarting gluten-free January 20, 2013

elevated liver enzymes + symptoms indicated celiac January 31, 2013. Dr. didn't want to run further tests due to other health complications

We had a great experience at the Chili's in Lancaster, PA also. The meal was great and I didn't get sick at all afterwards. :)

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

That's great to hear!

Do they have an actual gluten-free menu at the restaurant or do I have to print out their menu online and bring it with me to show the waiter?

I always get the Old Timer Burger, no bun, mashed potatoes (no gravy) and a bowl of baked potato soup...

Every time we head up there to eat they never have the baked potato soup! :angry: No Fair! I usually get the margarita lime chicken with no tortilla strips, its pretty tasty.

That's great to hear!

Do they have an actual gluten-free menu at the restaurant or do I have to print out their menu online and bring it with me to show the waiter?

the one in Lincoln gave me print out sheets that listed all allergens (peanuts, eggs, milk, wheat, etc.) plus a specific one for gluten free foods. The manager took them back after I ordered and said they get updated ones every two to three weeks so each time I come in, to ask for their allergy lists.

I really like their honey bbq sirloin.

Ann

hypothyroid

hypoglycemic (diagnosed 1997 but symptomatic since grade school)

fibromyalgia

rheumatoid arthritis (diagnosed January 2005)

peanut allergy

restarting gluten-free January 20, 2013

elevated liver enzymes + symptoms indicated celiac January 31, 2013. Dr. didn't want to run further tests due to other health complications

Every time we head up there to eat they never have the baked potato soup! :angry: No Fair! I usually get the margarita lime chicken with no tortilla strips, its pretty tasty.

Me too! When do they have this soup?!

I usually get the burger no bun and steamed broccoli, but the last 2 times I got the margarita chicken and it was really good.

I always get the Old Timer Burger, no bun, mashed potatoes (no gravy) and a bowl of baked potato soup...

hm, this sounds delicious! looks like i'm gonna have to go :D

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.