This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dear Confused

JerryK

elye Community Regular

(Post#448)!...

What special things, exactly, happen when we become members of the 500-plus club?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
confused Community Regular

i think we can add a cute little saying under our pic. Which reminds me i need to put an pic up sometime lol

paula

JerryK Community Regular
My husband is thinking the same thing lately. He will have 20 yrs in what he is doing now. He will get some retirement if he retires in auguast. But he is unsure what he wants to go into. He is only 40 years old, so he has many options. He is too grumpy working now and it is affecting us all. He is just worrying about getting a new job and insurance, with me and his son being celiac. I always tell him he can retire and i can work but im not well enough to work full time yet.

We use to talk about taking over the farm that we have, but now that I am celiac and so is his son, We can not take over the farm.

Oregan is such an beautiful state, i bet it is easy to take beautiful pics up there.

paula

Yah, my wife doesn't qualify for early retirement until 2013, another 6 years...she works at the same company. At that time we will likely leave and never look back. With me it is not the work I do that is the problem. I need to feel valued, not like a piece of meat, and if I feel my company doesn't treat it's employees well, that bothers me. I've seen 25+ year employees let go and their job sent to China or India. IMO, there isn't much worse corporate behavior than that. Plus, it's the loss of much knowledge and experience just to save a $$. Don't get me wrong, I have as much vested interest in seeing my company be successful as anyone, I just don't like the human cost. In our society, greed is king, sometimes to sickening levels. You don

Nantzie Collaborator

I think you can put a custom phrase under your stats on the left of your posts - rather than Advanced Community Member, or whatever is there now.

Not sure what else. Maybe we should create a list of demands. :D

Nancy

JerryK Community Regular
(Post#448)!...

What special things, exactly, happen when we become members of the 500-plus club?

I think Bill Gates will send you money....but that may just be a rumor :lol:

I think Bill Gates will send you money....but that may just be a rumor :lol:

I think you weened yourself off too much of the AD, u are hallucinating now lol

paula

elye Community Regular

Maybe we get to try to lead that cow down a flight of stairs...

Maybe Bill Gates will just pay for the installation of an escalator.

Yes, I think that 500 posts is a milestone worth really celebrating. We could have a Fortune 500 party...only those at 500 posts can come. :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Maybe we get to try to lead that cow down a flight of stairs...

Maybe Bill Gates will just pay for the installation of an escalator.

Yes, I think that 500 posts is a milestone worth really celebrating. We could have a Fortune 500 party...only those at 500 posts can come. :lol:

that is an idea.

I have to laugh at how many are always looking at this post, is everyone having a blahhhh kind of day. Its raining here now, but im feeling better.

paula

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:lol::lol::lol:

Susan finds this thread highly amusing.

question is, what will Jerry put under his avatar when he earns the right? ;)

It's just all so exciting, isn't it? :P:lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

and p.s.

a thread about nothing......it's like a Seinfeld episode! :)

jerseyangel Proficient
and p.s.

a thread about nothing......it's like a Seinfeld episode! :)

:lol: Ha Susie--I was thinking the same thing.

I was just stopping by to see how the race was going--and I see we now have another competitor in the running :P

I only have 17 more minutes to post til my hubby is home and he will send me to bed before the banguet tonight lol

paula

elye Community Regular

Hey, I got all night...at least until the Senators take the ice...

It all really IS so exciting...Jerry's new avatar....who will hit 500 first...ducks and cows....WHAT NEXT?! :lol::lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
(Post#448)!...

You have to earn it to find out.

CarlaB Enthusiast
:lol::lol::lol:

Susan finds this thread highly amusing.

question is, what will Jerry put under his avatar when he earns the right? ;)

It's just all so exciting, isn't it? :P:lol:

Carla is so happy that Susan remembered to have conversations with Jerry in the third person.

elye Community Regular

Wow, Emily forgot all about that third-person thing with Jerry...Maybe something REALLY magical will happen if I'm talking in the third person singular when I hit 500 posts!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Carla is so glad Emily finally remembered. Carla also can't wait until Jerry starts talking in the third person OUTSIDE of the forum and has to explain to his real friends that this is how Jerry talks to his internet friends ... they already think Jerry's nuts for eating gluten-free!

Hey, I got all night...at least until the Senators take the ice...

It all really IS so exciting...Jerry's new avatar....who will hit 500 first...ducks and cows....WHAT NEXT?! :lol::lol:

senators ughhhhhhhh

my team got kicked out long time ago, wahhhhhhhhhhh

paula

elye Community Regular

Ohhhhh...you're not another Toronto fan, are you? No Toronto fans are allowed past 500 posts, you know... :P

nope,. i dont like any canda teams lmao

i love dallas stars

hubby-avs

one son- red wings

another son- minnesota

paula

JerryK Community Regular
I think you weened yourself off too much of the AD, u are hallucinating now lol

paula

Good one!

I go to lunch and y'all go nuts :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Carla is so happy that Susan remembered to have conversations with Jerry in the third person.

Susan is easily amused and is glad Carla is happy :lol:

Wow, Emily forgot all about that third-person thing with Jerry...Maybe something REALLY magical will happen if I'm talking in the third person singular when I hit 500 posts!

Susan thinks that Emily can/may (Susan knows she is speaking to a language teacher, here:)) speak in third person singular BEFORE the 500th post. ;)

Ohhhhh...you're not another Toronto fan, are you? No Toronto fans are allowed past 500 posts, you know... :P

Susan does not like talk of sports on this thread about nothing. no, no, no. Well, at least it's not football. Susan HATES any mention of a certain team in her native town.

But I will forgive you the hockey talk.

:blink:

Um, it IS hockey we're speaking of, right? :lol:

Susan is finished, Susan is avoiding the dread task of extreme cleaning for houseguests, and if you see me on here again, SCREAM at me to go.

Harrumph!

JerryK Community Regular

Hmm, what will I put under my Avatar....good question!

I think perhaps something witty like:

"Testing 1-2-3"

"What the heck should I put here?"

"500 posts...now what?"

"Gluten for regularity"

"So much bread...so little time to spend in the bathroom"

"Gluten, when a laxative isn't enough"

So many options;)

jerseyangel Proficient
"Gluten, when a laxative isn't enough"

:lol::lol: I love it!