This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dear Confused

JerryK

elye Community Regular

Now, Susan, you're over 2,000 posts, and I joined this forum well before you. I have to start taking this posting job much more seriously...there is obviously an art to slipping posts into your daily schedule--meaningless or not, they still require time and commitment. I need to start posting at work...hmmmmmmmm...

So, if magical things may happen at 500 posts, what happens after 2000?! Do you get a new home?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
confused Community Regular
So, Paula! You're at 500! Has anything magical happened to you?

Yes I got to see my son in his frist field and track day and my mom gave me 300 bucks for a late mothers day, so it was magical lol

paula

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Now, Susan, you're over 2,000 posts, and I joined this forum well before you. I have to start taking this posting job much more seriously...there is obviously an art to slipping posts into your daily schedule--meaningless or not, they still require time and commitment. I need to start posting at work...hmmmmmmmm...

So, if magical things may happen at 500 posts, what happens after 2000?! Do you get a new home?

Well now Emily, see, it's all because of Rachelville, aka the "OMG I might be onto something!" thread, and the summer of 2006. Go back to around page 150 or therabouts? or don't..... :ph34r: oh my God we went sort of insane.......maybe completely insane? loony bin and we were coming up with all sorts of things in our imaginary land. Did you visit, I thought you were there sometimes? Some of us were not feeling so well and had more time to post.....as I recall I was feeling okay but was not working and was always looking for ways to avoid repainting my home and sewing all the silk drapery panels and things like that. :lol:

I guarantee you, probably 1500 of my posts were from that summer. :ph34r::huh:

And no, I did not get a new home at my 2000th post!! in fact, I never noticed when it happened! It was a non-event, like many things in my life. :lol:

:) and congratulations to Jerry!

elye Community Regular

Okay, I'll have to get in on a thread that just lasts and lasts for hundreds of pages...I don't think I've ever actually posted on the OMG thread. I first noticed it when it was already twenty pages long (last summer was a hectic one for me...life kept getting in the way of me sitting at the computer!), and I just kept thinking, "gee, those guys seem like quite an exclusive club in Rachelville..." You know how it can be tough to just butt into something that has lots of regulars? However, I see that it is still going strong. Perhaps I should lurk again... :rolleyes:

Or, we could start another "ville" here...hmmmmm, don't know if I'm talented enough to orchestrate it!

dlp252 Apprentice
Okay, I'll have to get in on a thread that just lasts and lasts for hundreds of pages...I don't think I've ever actually posted on the OMG thread. I first noticed it when it was already twenty pages long (last summer was a hectic one for me...life kept getting in the way of me sitting at the computer!), and I just kept thinking, "gee, those guys seem like quite an exclusive club in Rachelville..." You know how it can be tough to just butt into something that has lots of regulars? However, I see that it is still going strong. Perhaps I should lurk again... :rolleyes:

Or, we could start another "ville" here...hmmmmm, don't know if I'm talented enough to orchestrate it!

Nah, Rachelville is not an exclusive club...we just happen to have the same regulars for a long time, but new people come in and out all the time, lol! We're mostly just discussing why we didn't get better going gluten free and the reasons why...along the way we have breaks of insanity, then get back to the scientificness of it all. Anyway, you are most welcome to come over and join in!

elye Community Regular

...Certainly would help me ratchet up the posts!

JerryK Community Regular

Dear Confused...now that you are past the elite 500 mark...when are you going to put your witty saying up there?

Also, you promised us your picture so we could put a face with "confused"

Jer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Nantzie Collaborator
Dear Confused...now that you are past the elite 500 mark...when are you going to put your witty saying up there?

Also, you promised us your picture so we could put a face with "confused"

Jer

Yea. Where's your picture? I think everyone should have a picture up.

Wait. Crap. Never mind.

Pretend you didn't see me.

:ph34r:

Nancy

I havent downloaded pics on the puter yet. But it is on my to do list, I guess i could move an pic from myspace to over here, but my hubby would be in the pics with me lol

paula

debmidge Rising Star
It's maddening.

Then the company wonders why they are not efficient :blink: They actually spend money on consultants trying to figure this stuff out :lol:

I worked for a small company which spent money on an efficiency/money consultant...the final end was we lost our water cooler due to expenses (no lie!) and the fella who recommended that we hire the consultant lost his job as the owner of the company hired the consultant in his place! Talk about biting you in the hiney! To further add insult to injury, the consultant was immediately upon hire given full access to all information and accounting and bank accounts and about 4 months later found to be embezzling the company's money! He was fired and arrested but we still didn't get our water cooler back......

JerryK Community Regular
I worked for a small company which spent money on an efficiency/money consultant...the final end was we lost our water cooler due to expenses (no lie!) and the fella who recommended that we hire the consultant lost his job as the owner of the company hired the consultant in his place! Talk about biting you in the hiney! To further add insult to injury, the consultant was immediately upon hire given full access to all information and accounting and bank accounts and about 4 months later found to be embezzling the company's money! He was fired and arrested but we still didn't get our water cooler back......

Too funny...

And, I'm surprised this thread, about nothing, is still going:)

debmidge Rising Star
Too funny...

And, I'm surprised this thread, about nothing, is still going:)

Well like the old song goes, "we like to work at nothing all day."

And of course, Seinfeld's show about "nothing" made him a billionaire.

elye Community Regular

I LOVE nothing threads, as they let me speak mindlessly and edge ever-closer to 500...

I LOVE nothing threads, as they let me speak mindlessly and edge ever-closer to 500...

and u are so close, i really need to download some pics so i can make use of me hitting 500 lmao

paula

JerryK Community Regular
and u are so close, i really need to download some pics so i can make use of me hitting 500 lmao

paula

Paula, if you go in and edit your profile, you can add a witty saying...instead of "Advanced Community Member". Of course that's only useful if you have something witty to say :P j

Paula, if you go in and edit your profile, you can add a witty saying...instead of "Advanced Community Member". Of course that's only useful if you have something witty to say :P j

omg that was so mean of you. Im going to go cry in the corner again. Its not like im not going to be crying enough in 90minutes when my bb boy graduates from pre-k.

paula

JerryK Community Regular
omg that was so mean of you. Im going to go cry in the corner again. Its not like im not going to be crying enough in 90minutes when my bb boy graduates from pre-k.

paula

I mean, I'm SURE you have something witty to say, so lay it on us :lol:

elye Community Regular

Oh, you just wait till my big 500...Witty City!

Archived