Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gfgypsyqueen

Chronic Persistant Ear Infections Vs Immunodeficiency

My youngest is on a roller coaster ride in the health area. She is currently doing well on a dairy free casein free diet. This is the best we have seen her in over a year and she is only two. However, she is getting constant ear infections and colds which are resistant to normal meds. Add to that she has a penecillian allergy. We can't get in to see the ENT fast enough to get tubes put in.

I read an article recently about immunodeficiency found in kids that are constantly sick with ear infections, strep, pink eye, ..... Sounds like my child. It also sounds like me when I was sick before my celiac diagnosis. I am thinking that our immune systems get "comprimised or weekened" while we battle to get a diagnosis. My problem is I do not know how to help improve her system.

Does anyone know about this immunodeficiency? Are there any homeopathic ways to boost the immune system of kids?

Any thoughts about ear infections and how to stop this cycle?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My youngest is on a roller coaster ride in the health area. She is currently doing well on a dairy free casein free diet. This is the best we have seen her in over a year and she is only two. However, she is getting constant ear infections and colds which are resistant to normal meds. Add to that she has a penecillian allergy. We can't get in to see the ENT fast enough to get tubes put in.

I read an article recently about immunodeficiency found in kids that are constantly sick with ear infections, strep, pink eye, ..... Sounds like my child. It also sounds like me when I was sick before my celiac diagnosis. I am thinking that our immune systems get "comprimised or weekened" while we battle to get a diagnosis. My problem is I do not know how to help improve her system.

Does anyone know about this immunodeficiency? Are there any homeopathic ways to boost the immune system of kids?

Any thoughts about ear infections and how to stop this cycle?

I know a friend of mind has had great luck reducing ear infections with Garlic oil! Her son still seems to catch other things all the time but rarely gets ear infections anymore.

My son is fourteen and has had recurrent ear infections since November. He has missed 40 days of school. No one and I mean no one would listen and he was passed from one doctor to another in our doctors practice. He was sent to an ENT and he was worthless. I finally demanded that our family doctor culture his ears and run blood tests for Celiac, Diabetes and whatever else could be tested. After six months I know this: He's not a celiac or a diabetic. His infections are caused by yeast and Microplasma, a bacteria that is resistant to some antibiotics, and an outer ear infection caused by fungus. He is now free of infection since November. Push your doctor to do what you pay him to. It is worth it in the long run. Good luck.

Positive biopsy, positive blood test in 2/2006

Muscle biopsy in thigh in 2004 to confirm metabolic myopathy (found denervated nerves)

Interstitial cystitis diagnosis 2004

Hysterectomy 2003

3 for c-sections, 2 laparoscopies to remove abdominal adhesions

Abnormal heart beat when tired or glutened