Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whattodo

Shampoo, Soap And Toothpaste Suggestions

Please can someone help me out with making some shopping decisions.

I ideally i would like to know what brands are the best and where i can get them from.

I would like to go find some gluten free products for the following:

Shampoo

Soap

Toothpaste

Washing up Liquid

Im sure there are other things i need to focus on aswell, if there is please add them to the list.

Ideally UK products will be better for me

Hope i dont become a nuisance but there are so many questions i need to ask

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I replied and lost it somehow, so here we go again!

Tom's of Maine toothpaste...there are others gluten free, but I appreciate their upfrontness about gluten on their website, and feel safe using their toothpaste.

Johnson's Baby Shampoo...I found it listed as safe on some celiac list somewhere on the web. (sorry, I can't remember where)\

I bought cases and cases of some olive-oil based bar soap I found at Costco, JUST because the ingredients seemed basic enough and easy enough to feel safe with, so I've probably got a lifetime supply stashed.

I'm still searching for gluten free lotions (affordable ones!!!)...I would like a hand lotion and facial wrinkle preventive lotion/cream, but I go without for now, because I can't find one guaranteed to be gluten free. I love feeling good and won't take any chances on jeopardizing my health, so until I get some better information, I go without those products.

Suave and Dove will not hide gluten in their products. I use Suave body lotions (I love the new Rose one and the Lavender) and Dove shampoos and conditioners.

I have also used the Giovanni Hair Products and those were quite good but I haven't bought in a while so recheck before using.

The Garneir Nutritioneste product line of skin stuff is also for the most part gluten-free. I haven't checked everthing but I use the facial wash and the facial wash with the scrubby beads and also the moisterizer without SPF. A nice product line.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

I live in Colorado (very dry climate). I use Vaseline lotions - the aloe (green bottle) lotion in the summer and the shea butter (I think) brown bottle in the winter. They also will not hide gluten - they are made by uniliver I believe.

Of course I'm not sure if this all applies to the UK, sorry! :huh:

Of the three, shampoo is the most likely to have gluten. The only toothpaste I've ever heard having gluten is Sensodyne, and I'm not sure that's really true. I don't know of any soaps with gluten.

richard