Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest j.louise

Need Test Info. & Address'es

Guest j.louise

Help....I have been a lurker and now trying to find out where and how to get tested for Glutin and Celiac. I will appreciate what ever info. anyone can give me. This site is so overwhelming that I just don't know where to begin.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Help....I have been a lurker and now trying to find out where and how to get tested for Glutin and Celiac. I will appreciate what ever info. anyone can give me. This site is so overwhelming that I just don't know where to begin.

Wecome to the forum!

Your doctor should be able to order the blood test panel for celiac. You can start there. He/she may not be aware about celiac but try to insist on the test.

If your blood tests are positive he/she should schedule a biopsy. A good doctor will do that anyway if you have celiac symptoms because you can have negative blood tests and positive biopsy.

Be sure to do both the blood tests and the biopsy before you start the gluten free diet.

If both blood test and biopsy is negative, but you still think you may have it you can try enterolab stool test which may be more able to pick up gluten insensitivity before so much damage is done in the intestine. Again it is best to do this before going gluten free or at least early on in the diet.

Finally, you can try the diet which is the most accurate test anyway! If you do, remember that you have to be very strict about all sources of gluten in your food as well as what you might mistakenly ingest by using personal care products with gluten or being around gluten food. (Crumbs, flour in the air, etc.) Also remember it can take quite a while to feel better.

On this site if you search the Pre-Diagnosis Testing and Symptoms thread for your questions, like blood tests, enterolab, biopsy, or your symptoms, it may help you find the information you want more quickly.

Yes, it is overwhelming, so just tackle one question/topic at a time. Wade right in here, and ask questions and people will help you!

4/2007 Positive IGA, TTG Enterolab results, with severe malabsorption: Two DQ2 celiac genes--highest possible risk.

gluten-free since 4/22/07; SF since 7/07; 3/08 & 7/08 high sugar levels in stool (i.e. cannot break down carbs) digestive enzymes for carbs didn't help; 7/18/08 started SCD as prescribed by my physician (MD).

10/2000 dx LYME disease; 2008 clinical dx CELIAC; Other: hypothyroid, allergies, dupuytrens, high mercury levels