Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holdthegluten

How Long Til 100% Better

Does anyone feel 100% better (Like they used to feel). I feel better, but after 4 months i still feel more tired than usual, and a lttle dizzy at times. How long until i feel really good again? When does the fatigue lift and i can feel sharp and upbeat again?

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Are you taking any B-12 suppliments? That might help with the fatigue and the dizziness.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I've been gluten free for two and a half years and I can say that I feel 100% ok.

It took me I think (can't remember exactly) at least a year. Around four months, although I could tell the diet was working and I was generally much better than before, I was still certainly not 100%.

In addition to gluten, I also avoid cow's milk, also traces of, and less carefully (small traces are ok) eggs, nightshades and legumes. I might occasionally eat a gluten-free cake made with potato starch or that has egg in it, but gluten and milk I have to be very careful with. It really speeded up my recovery when I figured out my other intolerances.

As to fatigue though, only dairy makes me tired the way gluten does. The other things just give me digestive symptoms.

You might have to look at other things that might be bothering you. Or it might just take more time.

Pauliina

I would also suggest taking a look at the scd diet (do a search on here for it) it gives you a great list of legal/illegal foods to eat whilst your gut is healing. I don't follow the diet 100%, maybe i will soon but a few of the recipes are great esp the chicken soup which you can make in bulk and eat for a few days.

I would also say that it took me a year to feel like I was 100% -- I'd also been sick for quite a while, so I didn't really have much of a sense of what 100% meant for me. So I got to be more and more pleasantly surprised as things got better and better.

Erica

Inconclusive blood test results

Positive Enterolab results

Positive dietary results

gluten-free since 2/10/06

I would also suggest taking a look at the scd diet (do a search on here for it) it gives you a great list of legal/illegal foods to eat whilst your gut is healing. I don't follow the diet 100%, maybe i will soon but a few of the recipes are great esp the chicken soup which you can make in bulk and eat for a few days.

I tried doing a search on the scd diet, but didn't get any results. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Holdthegluten: I felt great at first, but now also having tiredness and dizziness. I'm at the 4 month mark also.

I tried doing a search on the scd diet, but didn't get any results. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Holdthegluten: I felt great at first, but now also having tiredness and dizziness. I'm at the 4 month mark also.

Hi.

I am almost a year in and still have good days and bad days. I am gluten, corn, soy, legume and (MOSTLY) dairy-free (cheese sometimes). I recommend Elaine Gottschall's SCD diet very much. Look up her book BREAKING THE VICIOUS CYCLE and you should find info there. I would recommend trying at least a modified SCD or a Paleo diet for a bit while you heal- it helped me a lot. Still wonder if I'll ever be completely symptomless. good luck to you.

lisa