Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

acermom

Traveling To East Lansing, Michigan

We are traveling to East Lansing Michigan and are wondering if anyone knows of a good grocery store to find gluten-free products. We really like Glutino products and will have a kitchen in our hotel room. Thanks for your help!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Kroger stores in Michigan have a nice section of gluten free items, as I would imagine probably Meijers do too. There is a great store in East Lansing/Okemos called Foods for Life and they carry a lot of gluten free items. It's on Grand River, pass the college and out near Best Buy. The store is on the south /right side of the street when heading east. There is a Circuit City in the same parking area. I live on Long Island now and can't remember exactly how far it is, but I know it is still there, my sister goes to it.

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Meijers stores have a great dry goods gluten free selection. They don't carry any refrigerated/frozen bread or waffles, but they do carry the gluten-free "snack" foods, bread mixes, cereals, etc. in the "Healthy Living" section of the store.

We are traveling to East Lansing Michigan and are wondering if anyone knows of a good grocery store to find gluten-free products. We really like Glutino products and will have a kitchen in our hotel room. Thanks for your help!!

There is a Foods For Living Health food store at 2655 E Grand River (go east towards Okemos from East Lansing. There is a Better Health food store at 305 N. Clippert (across from Sears). There is also a bakery that does gluten-free baking called A Piece O Cake at 4966 Northwind Drive. (I believe the owner has Celiac). Meijer has a healthy food section also where you can find gluten-free foods.

Renae

WARNING This place is not cheap. I tell you you will love whatever you get from here.

A Piece O' Cake

4966 Northwind Dr.

East Lansing, Mi 48823

tel. 517.333.6881

http://www.apieceocake.com

I don't know if it is located in a convenient spot for your travels. The owner I spoke to is Celiac herself and could help you find locals gluten free selections.

L.

Michigan

Guest AutumnE

Foods for living is where I shop in east lansing too.

If you do decide to eat out there are a few restaurants there I eat at. Cheeseburger in paradise, carraba's, pf changs and outback steakhouse have gluten-free menus and are near there.