• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

A friend of mine has a lake cabin in Wisconsin. They visit Granma Ferdon's in Hayward, WI regularily for their multiple allergy son. She brought me back a huge treat... crunchy CHOW MEIN NOODLES. Honestly, they taste like the real thing! I will be placing another mail order soon. I have not tried any of their other products, but will be ordering the pasta shells. Their prices are very reasonable too! I'm very excited. Let me know if you try them.

Here is the website... http://www.grandmaferdons.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=34

A friend of mine has a lake cabin in Wisconsin. They visit Granma Ferdon's in Hayward, WI regularily for their multiple allergy son. She brought me back a huge treat... crunchy CHOW MEIN NOODLES. Honestly, they taste like the real thing! I will be placing another mail order soon. I have not tried any of their other products, but will be ordering the pasta shells. Their prices are very reasonable too! I'm very excited. Let me know if you try them.

I used to LOVE chow mein noodles!! I would love to have some, however I have hard shipping from them is OUTRAGEOUS!?!! Is this also true of things like the chow mein noodles? Anybody know? You have to create an account to figure any costs and I don't want an account if I don't order.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Hi thank You this looks excellent.

Mmmmmm I am hungry already.

Best regards

I used to LOVE chow mein noodles!! I would love to have some, however I have hard shipping from them is OUTRAGEOUS!?!! Is this also true of things like the chow mein noodles? Anybody know? You have to create an account to figure any costs and I don't want an account if I don't order.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Not sure about the shipping cost on non-freezer items. I'm sure you could e-mail or call them to ask.

It's the shipping charge that stopped me dead in my tracks. There isn't much I can order there, but I'd love to have chow mein noodles again. $19.95 to ship less than $3 worth of food is insane. If they offered other, cheaper shipping options, particularly for things that don't need overnight delivery I'd be on it. Cornstarch is the first or second ingredient on just about everything else they have. I can handle small amounts of corn flour or corn starch in a mix, but large amounts of cornstarch does a terrible number on me. Cornstarch appears to be their "secret" ingredient.

They sound wonderful!

Grandma Ferndons has the absolute best hamburger buns--the only thing about them is the $19.95 shipping charge.

Their stuff is really good, though. :)

I ordered some, among a few other things and got them today!!! The waffles look normal!!! How do you cook Chow Mein Noodles...and whats the best recepie...:)

The waffles are good!! I'd be interested to see some recepies for the Chow Mein noodles too!! But steer clear of the burritos...I got so excited about there being burriots and I took two bites and thats all I could stomach....couldve just been me!!