This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dd's Appt W/ The Gi Today. . .

ptkds

ptkds Community Regular

We took my youngest dd to the GI dr this morning because she has been having diarrhea for a few weeks. She saw the allergist about 1 1/2 wks ago, and he said that she probably isn't allergic to milk and corn (as I suspect) because her allergy testing (done when she was 4 months old) was negative for those. :angry: They also did a sweat test on her today to check for cystic fibrosis. I don't know the results from that yet.

Anyway, this is the same GI dr that told me that my older toddler had "toddler's diarrhea", even after a positive blood test for celiac. So this morning, he tried to tell my that my dd probably had "toddler's diarrhea," and I told him "I don't believe in "toddler's diarrhea" and I want her tested for celiac disease and allergies again." So he scheduled her for a biopsy to check for celiac disease. We go in to do it on June 22. I think he is planning on drawing the blood for allergy testing while she is asleep for the biopsy. So now we just have to play the waiting game again :( .

Just wanted to share! I am proud of myself for standing up to him when he tried to blow us off with a "toddlers diarrhea" line. I don't normally stand up to dr's that way!

ptkds

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest j_mommy

Good for you in the standing up to the DR!!!!!! :D

I think "toddler diahrea" is a four letter word and should be chucked from medical vocabulary!!!!! Jeez

Juliet Newbie

"I think "toddler diahrea" is a four letter word and should be chucked from medical vocabulary!!!!! Jeez"

I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE!!!!!!!!!!

bnsnewman Rookie

Good for you for speaking up! My daughter's GI doc told me to give her more fiber. These docs must have some sort of book of lines to go to when they don't have the answer! Keep us posted and let us know how it goes.

Natalie

Cheri A Contributor

Good for you for standing up to the dr.! Maybe you should think about finding another dr.

I have gone to several different allergists here. The last one I switched from did not want to test my dd for any more allergies and had the gall to tell me that it looked like it bothered me more than her! She had bloody, oozing eczema and was up several times/night. She also had all the abdominal cramps, vomitting, constipation or diahrrea.

I switched allergists, they did the testing and we found out wheat and rice allergies. Celiac testing was inconclusive, but we went gluten-free anyway.

BARLEY MISSING Newbie

Hi just read your post I found it very interesting as I have 2 daughters I have just been diagnosed on Friday myself and my daughters have to be tested on June 18 just through blood work.

My youngest which is 22 now always had diahrea for 1 1/2 years as a toddler but doctor would not do anything just told me to feed her dry crackers and little milk, more water. From then on she had her gall bladder out at the age of 15,

has bathroom problems till this day so maybe she too will be diagnosed, I was diagnosed because of anemia, low B12

Archived