Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whattodo

Sore Joints After Going Gluten Free

Is it normal for your joints to hurt after going gluten free. I have been free for a few days now and my thumb joint is really sore and has been for 3 days. I almost feels like arthiritis, could it be that i am not getting enough vitamins and minerals. Will the pain stop? When?

I had started back weight training but this makes it very difficult to lift heavy weights.

Thanks

jay

Hope i dont become a nuisance but there are so many questions i need to ask

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest lorlyn

My husband say's most of his joints hurt more after being gluten free for 5 months.

Guest j_mommy

There is a herbal supplement for joints and it's called glucosomean...not sure on spelling. I have clients who take it and it really helps them. Check with a pharmasist....to be sure it's gluten free. it is an over the counter med!

Hi. I think it possibly could be happening because you are detoxing from gluten. It happened to me as well and took about a month to come right.

:)

Is it normal for your joints to hurt after going gluten free. I have been free for a few days now and my thumb joint is really sore and has been for 3 days. I almost feels like arthiritis, could it be that i am not getting enough vitamins and minerals. Will the pain stop? When?

I had started back weight training but this makes it very difficult to lift heavy weights.

Thanks

jay

Me - gluten-free since August 2006. Very positive dietary response reinforced by gluten challenge.

11 yo daughter - Positive blood results August 2006.

I know how you feel I had the same problems I was taking all the vita and the joint meds but when I started taking about 1000 mg a day of B 12 I have really started to feel better and my joints are better and the tingling in the hands and feet went away and If I quit taking it for a while my body starts to tell me I need to get back on it . Hope you feel better soon .