This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Pregnancy Test Question

LoveBeingATwin

LoveBeingATwin Enthusiast

I am now going on 30 days and have not had my period. Hubby and I decided that if we get pregnant than GREAT! we are not trying to stress out about it and figured it will happen when the time is right. So here is where I need the advise.

I was suppose to get my period last week. It obviously never came so I did a pregnancy test ( e.p.t.) on sunday moring, first thing. It showd a plus but was very faint, so I did it agin. The same reading. I was not sure so I waited until monday morning and used another brand, clear blue easy digital. That said not pregnant and then this morning I got the same reading. What do I do? Do I wait for a while or do I keeping trying the test? When is too long to wait until I need to go to the doctors, pregnant or not?

I was on the pill for years and have been off of it for months. My cycles have been to the "T" on the start date. It's like they come every 24 days and its a wednesday. So I guess you can see why I am confused. I was reading and they say you should wait between 5-10 days after your expected period to take a prenancy test so the hormone levels are high enough to detect, but if one test looks like a "yes" and the other doesn't than what? Any advise would help

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gfgypsyqueen Enthusiast

CONGRATS!!! Sounds like you need a trip to the OB. I would say you are pregnant. :lol: Those prego tests don't usually give a false positive. You have to have the chemical in your system and you only make that chemical when pregnant. Call your OB's nurse and they will tell you what to do.

Be sure you are taking your folic acid :rolleyes:

AndreaB Contributor

EPT is pretty reliable. That is what I had always used.

Definately get ahold of your doctor. They can run a pregnancy test and some require you to anyway. It wouldn't hurt to wait another week if you want to do another ept test then. Those can get pricey and if your doctor will require one anyway and you have a co-pay you may want to do one at the office.

Definately make sure you are getting your nutrients (just in case). I've used Freeda brand (which is gluten free) prenatals. Before that I used Twinlab but I don't know if they are gluten free or not.

Guhlia Rising Star

A faint positive is still a positive. We only ever registered faint positives both with my last pregnancy and this one. I would call your OBGYN and get yourself started on a prenatal vitamin. Congratulations!!!

UPDATE!

After I got done posting, I used the restroom and noticed I was slightly bleeding. It was very little. The kind you notice only when you wipe. It was kind on like I was on my last day of my cycle. I took a pregnancy test this morning. Negative again. I am going to go to the doctors. The bleeding has now stoped, only lasted one day. What is going on with me? I feel like my body is not functioning properly, and if I'm prengnant, than I understand why, but all those negative test and now spotting have me confused! Thanks for listening

Guhlia Rising Star

A very small amount of blood in the very early weeks of pregnancy is often (not always) considered normal and harmless. It's relatively common within that first month or so. Let us know how your doctor's appointment goes.

dally099 Contributor

when i was pregnant with my 4th i accually had a period, i was over 8 weeks prego when i finally found out becuase i had had the bleeding. she is a perfectly normal and at times crazy 18 month old. keep us posted.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 weeks later...

Well..the bleeding that I was talking about actually ended up being my late period. I took a pregnancy test and agian it was negative. I finally finished my cycle so hopefully it will "happen" on of these days. The only thing that confused me was I could have sworn it was positive and then the next day it was negative and the next ones after that were negative. During that time I had no bleeding, so was I actually pregnant? Did I misscarry? Can you misscarry without bleeding? Not sure, but I will see what happens this month. Thanks for listening.

Guest j_mommy

Here's an FYI....

I had 5 negative at home tests and they all read negaitive.....but I was prego.

The first 2 were 1 week after I missed my period and they were EPT.

The next one was 2 weeks after missed and was walmart brand.

And the last one I was 2 months pregnant...can't remember brand.(This one it was already confirmed by Dr office...I was just curious if I would get a positive or not)

So they are not always reliable!

AndreaB Contributor

Yes, it is possible to miscarry that early. I've heard of a lot of miscarriages where the women didn't even know they were expecting.

As far as the faint positive. If I remember correctly, when you look at the test kit you can see both vertical lines in each window. I thought that the times I ran my tests that there may have been a very faint horizontal line, but I don't rememeber. If in doubt just keep the test closed up for a day or even a few hours and check it again. The times it was positive was obvious as far as I was concerned, but everyone is different.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Yes, it is possible to miscarry that early. I've heard of a lot of miscarriages where the women didn't even know they were expecting.

This is true, but you would have had something at least as much as a normal period.

Archived