Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

little d

How You Choose Your Login Name

I just thought that this would be fun. How did you choose your login name.

I chose my login name because couldn't think of anything and thought to use my nickname that my coworkers gave me because we have another Donna who is a nurse and is taller 5'8" and maybe 60lbs heavier than me. I am 4'11" and at the time 150lbs so I got little d and she got big D

Donna

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 21 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 13 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score <300 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 12 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0501

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 5,5)

You can teach an old dog new tricks!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Mine is my last name, modified... Guhl... Changed to Guhlia thanks to the Wedding Singer (Julia Guhlia). Not that my name is Julia... :)

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

My nickname is an existng one I used on other sites. The first time I used it, I was depressed and felt like I ruined every one's good time. So I tried SunnyDayRain, but that was taken so I took SunnyDyRain. :)

Dx 3/23/07

Gluten free 3/27/07

Intolerant:

Gluten

MSG

Allergies:

Ragweed

Honeydew

Cantalope

Nickel (jewelry)

Dx'd Lymphocytic Colitis 6/16/08

I am a bad silly-yak!

My name is Latin for she-bear, so I chose (or I should say, Fiddle Faddle suggested) the star formation Ursa Major when I changed my login name for safety reasons (which is why I won't mention my real name, even though even people who don't know it should be able to guess). So, please don't mention it, since then this post will pop up in Google when putting in my name along with celiac, because it isn't that common.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do aikido, and I used to kinda follow my first aikido teacher around and kwak like a duckling... :lol: obviously I was a bit enthusiastic in the beginning... that was almost 8 years ago so I've kinda calmed down but then I started collecting duck toys and stuff for a while. I've stopped now because in don't really want a house full of ducks so please don't send me any! :ph34r: I still have one fluffy yellow duck that my sister gave me one Christmas though, she made a little black belt for it and a tiny little wooden sword. :)

Pauliina

Growing up I was a HUGE John Elway fan (he played for the Denver Broncos - hence, bronco) - however, I am actually a die hard Bengals and Buckeyes fan

Bux = Bucks = short for Buckeyes

Bronco Bux

:)

I should be Bengalbux or Elwaybux since I am not a Bronco fan, but what do you do?

..... duh

luvs2eat

Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas

positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy

diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day

Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!

I choose mine because my name is Amanda but when I worked in daycare, my toddlers used to say Manda instead of saying Amanda. I have very blue eyes, and dark hair. So I came up with Blueeyedmanda.

It describes me very well.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

I used my first name. It means 'serenity'.

I'm really just here about my wife. Its all her fault!

My name is pretty obvious, at least the first half, Tinkerbell. I am a huge Disney fan and my cats name is Tinkerbell. The Swt is short for Sweetie, my dog that I had to give away, (due to safety issues with my son) My name honors my pets!

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

I changed mine also due to safety reasons, my ex-b/f was (or still is) stalking me on the internet. Mine used to be my name with my old companies name.

Now it is a generic name-litteraly.

My turn,

When my first was born, she became my "sweet baby goose", with number 2, I had geese. Hubby started to call me Momma Goose. There ya have it.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

My turn,

When my first was born, she became my "sweet baby goose", with number 2, I had geese. Hubby started to call me Momma Goose. There ya have it.

That is very cute!

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

My husband use redneck38 for his xbox 360 everthing else was taken since there are others with different variations. It use to be bornkiller99 I know very original

Donna

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 21 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 13 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score <300 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 12 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0501

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 5,5)

You can teach an old dog new tricks!!!

My name is an reference to celiac disease. I went through three months of testing for various issues when they ultimately found celiac. At the same time I was also going through repeat mammograms and a breast cancer biopsy (testing for the 'big C'.) Had no clue they would ultimately find celiac, so I coined it 'little c.' So far, no 'big C' in my list of maladies!

little_c

If you scrutinize, you won't be glutenized.

We have a "little d" and a "little c", cute. :) I wonder if there's a "little a" and a "little b" lurking as well who just haven't posted anything? :)

Little c, I like the motto in your sig... :)

Pauliina

not going to rename myself little p... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I used my first name. It means 'serenity'.

How do you pronounce it?

I have two boys. That means "lack of serenity".

Linda, Mom to Ty (11 years old)

Ty was diagnosed by blood test June 7/05

biopsy Aug 11/05, diagnosis confirmed Aug 18/05

Mom, Dad and big brother Celiac-free.

I just had to ad my reply here. I am a musician that plays the flute and piccolo thus the name. :rolleyes:

Susan

Dairy/Cesain free Oct. 2005

Gluten free June 2006

How do you pronounce it?

I have two boys. That means "lack of serenity".

Lack of Serenity? Hmmm... that might be a good one when we have kids....

Proper pronounciation is kyal-es-yin. The first y is almost silent, heaviest emphasis goes on the es and the yin is short to the point of almost sounding like 'yun'.

There was a point in my life where I really hated that name.

I'm really just here about my wife. Its all her fault!

mine is a concatenation of my names, in much the same way that a unix admin would assign a login. :P

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

My name is Catherine and as you can see, it starts with a C. But my mum who is in denial about her ever possibly having any coeliac symptoms, at times can't remember whether my name begins with a C or a K, so in one letter from my mother I get Katherine on the envelope and in the letter itself, I get my name written as Catherine. This supposedly is written on the same day! I don't know what gives, but she did Christian me! So in recognition of this I go with Kaycee. I love my mother dearly and wouldn't have it any different.

Cathy

Hathor was the ancient Egyptian goddess of motherhood, alcohol & war (never quite sure of the proper order :lol: ) I always liked that combination. I'm a big Egyptophile. My daughter is actually an Egyptology major, which I now tell myself I should have had!

McDougall diet (low fat vegan) since 6/00

Gluten free since 1/6/07

Soy free and completely casein and egg free since 2/15/07

Yeast free, on and off, since 3/1/07 -- I can't notice any difference one way or the other

Enterolab results -- 2/15/07

Fecal Antigliladin IgA 140 (Normal Range <10 units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 50 (Normal Range <10 units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 517 (Normal Range <300 units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 127 (Normal Range <10 units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 06xx

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (subtype 5,6)

Fecal anti-ovalbumin (chicken egg) IgA antibody 11 (Normal range <10 units)

Fecal Anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae (dietary yeast) IgA 11 (Normal range <10 units)

Fecal Anti-Soy IgA 119 (Normal Range < 10 units)

Mine is based on the same idea as Tiffany's; I just have a much shorter name than she does. It's my first initial followed by my surname. Obviously, I'm not terribly worried about somebody guessing my complete name. I used it as an ID on computers long before the internet. If you google it, you will get buried by hits about a retired history professor in England. No relation.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007