Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa

Spell Check - Handicaped With Out It

Has anyone sucessfully used the spell check on this site (on the upper right of this page). Mine appears to be inactive. Any thoughts?

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I haven't because you have to download it, - so I just take my chances and hope that I'm understood!! :huh:

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

As far as I know there isn't a spell checker on this forum...where do you see one?

Take care,

Scott

Scott,

When I post a reply (as in now) there an "ABC-with a check sign", icon on the upper right of this page.

You can't see it unless you are typing a reply. When you click on it, it will ask you to down load. I have not done that.

Lisa

My guess is that you are seeing a browser feature and not a forum feature. I do not see it and don't believe that the forum has a spell checker built in.

Take care,

Scott

Humm.. My PC has a spell check on my tool bar. (found it Betty). But the site definitely has a spell check icon, as I am viewing it as I speak. I know nothing about computer software, but perhaps your format may be different from ours, as the owner/administrator. This is not something that I will loose sleep about.

Anyone else see a "ABC spell check", in the upper right? Not a great issue for me Scott, without my spell check on my PC, I would not visit here. There was a five year avenue in the 50's when they taught "sight" reading, and I fell into that clump. That would be me.

Lisa

It shows up on mine also, right above where I am typing now. Goes across the top and says Insert special item, fonts, sizes, A then the abc check, a couple of blue arrows and some other arrows. Then there is a second line with bold, italics, underline, the smilies and a few other things.

I haven't clicked on it either.......guess somebody will just have to get bold! :P OK so I got bold...it comes up with a box and says iespell is not detected....click OK to go to download page.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

Yep--I see the icon for it. When I click on it, it wants me to click to 'go to the download page'. When I do, nothing happens.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Yep--I see the icon for it. When I click on it, it wants me to click to 'go to the download page'. When I do, nothing happens.

Yup..Scott must have a different format than us. ( and talking like I know computer stuff and all :rolleyes: )

Lisa

I just tested this and what you are seeing is a Microsoft Internet Explorer feature. This isn't part of the forum. If you have a different browser like Mozilla FireFox you will not see it. I too go the message that IESpellcheck was not installed and to click here to install it, when I did nothing happened so obviously they need to work on that feature. In summary it is a browser feature in IE.

Take care,

Scott

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com

Nodding my head as to understand, :huh: but glad there is work in progress.

Lisa

Nodding my head as to understand, :huh: but glad there is work in progress.

:lol: Me too, Lisa.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I just signed on using AOL to see if it showed up on that browser, too, and it does. I know this doesn't mean it's not a browser feature ... just trying to understand why it's showing up on the website rather than up on my browser ... I'm just not very computer literate ...

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

It is part of the browser, I'm not sure who designs AOL's browser, but I think it was originally Netscape. In any case, it is a browser feature that adds the specll check in there--I spoke to tech support for this board and they do not have a spell checker built in.

Take care,

Scott

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com