Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2wheels4eyes

Biscotti At Cooqi Bakery In St. Paul, Mn

For all you Twin Cities folks... Cooqi Bakery (Marshall & Cretin, St. Paul) has started to make biscotti. OK, so, sure, gluten-free biscotti's not the hardest thing in the world to do, but still. I bought some today and just had one with my coffee. They are simply **fabulous**. Not too sweet, great texture, stand up against the hottest beverage. Gives Pamela's brand biscotti (which is not bad in a pinch) a stiff kick in the shin. If you live in the area, get thee to Cooqi and stock up. But be prepared: I may have already called ahead and asked them to put aside about 5 dozen of them for my personal pleasure.

Now: just in case someone's wondering if I work for Cooqi, nope--I wish. And I'll prove it: Dear Cooqi bakers (and gluten-free bakers around the world) why even bother calling it a baguette? Clearly, such a thing is impossible. Don't toy with us. Anything made of approximately 5 pounds of rice flour (or whatever) cannot possibly be a baguette. It is to laugh. In fact, I think I can here Paris laughing as I type this. Call it a glutette, a baguten, call it whatever you want. Just don't try to tell me it's a baguette.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):