Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mama

Natural/organic Body Care Products?

I was loving Avalon Organics, but they will not confirm gluten content, and they appear to use oats in someof their products. :(

I need to find hand/body lotion, shampoo and conditioner that is not full of nasty chemicals and is gluten-free, but I'm a bit overwhelmed. Is there a list somewhere or another thread on this subject that I'm missing?

Also, is Dr. Bronner's soap gluten-free?

TIA!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

A lot of Burt's Bees products are gluten free. I've seen a post of all the ones that are on this site.

Giovanni makes gluten free shampoos and conditioners, they have recently come out with some skin care products also but I have not checked those. I like the 50/50 shampoo and the Smooth as Silk conditioner. Badger Balm makes some nice gluten-free soaps also.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Giovanni shampoos and conditioners are really good. Aubrey Organics shampoo is pretty good (the conditioner is not gluten-free). You might also want to try California Baby.

I like Kiss My Face olive oil soap (it has about 3 ingredients)

Coconut oil is my favorite body lotion

I would be surprised if Dr. Bronner's soap contains gluten, but I'm sure the company will let you know if you ask (they seem gluten aware...their food products - Alpsnack Bars - are labeled gluten-free)

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

ShiKai Everyday Shampoo and Conditioner is gluten-free. Some of their other varities are not.

Jason has a nice liquid shower soap. They will clearly list any gluten.

Badger Balm is completely gluten-free, and they have some nice moisturizing products.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I've been using lotion, shampoo and conditioner from Desert Essence. It's not bad. The lotion scents are a little over the top for me but the coconut one is manageble.

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease February 2007

Finally feeling better than ever!

Alba Botanica products are great.

I just bought a new product called Live Clean. However, I'm in Canada and I don't know if it's available outside of Canada.

Tapioca intolerant

First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease

Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.

Gluten-free since June 2005

Dx with IBS February 2005

Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

I use Avalon organicas lavendar facial cleansing milk and day moisturizer without problems. I read the back and there is no offending ingredients. I use Giovanni or Shakai shampoo and conditioner.