Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eliza13

"white" Proteins

I know this is strange, but I don't like any "white" protein foods. For instance, no to milk, egg whites, yoghurt, ice cream, coconut, white fish, chicken, cheese, tartar sauce, etc. All of these foods make me throw up, or want to throw up. Is there a common element here, or is this all in my head? For instance, why the aversion to coconut and white fish?

Diagnosed by my doctor on the basis of symptoms only (May 2005). My symptoms include:

-amenorhea (all my life)

-high prolactin levels

-major bloating ("Are you pregnant?")

-swollen ankles

-possible DH: had the rash on my elbows and scalp (gone now)

-joint pain

-childhood arthritis

-all dairy allergy

-dry skin

-fat in stool sample (no connection was made at the time...I was being tested for something else...When the doctor told me of the fat I replied by saying: "I eat alot of olive oil". DUH!!!!)

-mother is allergic to wheat

-ravenous appetite: I eat for 5 people

-light coloured stool

-pass stool 7 times a day sometimes

-hemorrhoids

-get the hiccups alot (not sure if this is related)

-some reflux

I'm sure there are more that I don't recall at the moment. SIGH.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I know this is strange, but I don't like any "white" protein foods. For instance, no to milk, egg whites, yoghurt, ice cream, coconut, white fish, chicken, cheese, tartar sauce, etc. All of these foods make me throw up, or want to throw up. Is there a common element here, or is this all in my head? For instance, why the aversion to coconut and white fish?

I don't know if I can answer that question, but I can truly say that I never did like breads, pasta and beer, prior to celiac. I always requested my hot dog without a bun and hamburger likewise - before celiac. I thinks you have to listen to your body. It speaks and sometimes we just don't listen.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I dont think there is a common element with all of these foods. It may be that you react to them for different reasons. What about chocolate ice cream, yellow cheese, egg yolks?? If you have a problem with all cheese, all yogurt, all ice cream...then its probably a dairy thing.

If you have problem with the egg yolks as well as the whites...you could have a problem with eggs. Its not unusual to just have problems with the whites though....they are allergenic.

You may have to do more investigating with food intolerance but I dont think theres a common link with all of these foods.

Rachel