Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pedro

You Need To Vent About Gas Prices!

This is crazy, :angry: the prices keep climing, any ideas how can we save some money???????? ;)

I heard about keeping the tires in check, any other ideas.

Thanks

Have not I commanded you? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with you every where you go.

Jos 1:9

I can do all things thru Christ which strengtheneth me.

Phi 4:13

Blood Test: Negative 03/2006

Biopsy Negative 04/2006

Stopped gluten-free diet 04/2006

EnteroLabs: Positive 04/2007

Fecal Antigliadin IgA "Positive"

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA "Positive"

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score "Positive"

Fecal anti-casein (cow

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest j_mommy

Changing your air filter and routine matinence!!!

I drive about 100 miles a day for work.....I do home health. I do get reimbursed for gas but it's about a month after I turn in the voucher!!!! I swear if I could figure out a way to strap an elderly person safely on teh back of a scooter I would!!! And some of my clients would LOVE it! :D

It is sooooo frustrating to drive by the gas station and see it has went up another 3 cents every day!!! JEEZ

Depending on the age of your car/truck some helpful hints:

Keep up with recommended changes check for your specific milages in your user manual, dont have one, call your local dealer...

air filter, oil filter, breather filter (older autos have these in with the air filter) and tire pressure

Little more money involved here, however also helps:

double check brakes, bad brakes = less efficient stopping (dont just turn up the radio cause they are making to much noise, cheaper to fix this when it first happens!)

shocks/struts = better handling for your auto makes the driver happier as well as the auto

front end allignment= when is the last time you had yours checked? yeah it normally costs about $50 and should be done everytime you buy new tires, however 1 little stratgically placed pot hole and yours is now messed up!

For a quick handling check find a nice smooth straight road/street keep the speed "level" let go of the steering wheel....

did it quickly start going in one direction? check tire pressure, shocks/struts, alliagnment

did it slowly wander in either direction? prolly just a small air adjustment on the tires.

did it stay going straight? scream YES! and go check any other autos you have!

Just my .00000002 cents worth

If I knew what I was doing years ago I would have half a clue today!

Just want to throw this is...it was a rule from my Dad who was a mechanic. Don't let your gas tank get to Empty as the sediment from tank, especially in older vehicle, will get stirred up and could clog your gas filter, etc. I never had a clog, but I have had a gas tank that rusted and had a hole in it <_< . It leaked only when the car was off; while it was running the system's vacuum kept it from leaking. Had to get a new gas tank installed. I never knew how or why this happened.....It was on my 78 Chev Nova after owning it for 8 yrs.

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Just want to throw this is...it was a rule from my Dad who was a mechanic. Don't let your gas tank get to Empty as the sediment from tank, especially in older vehicle, will get stirred up and could clog your gas filter, etc. I never had a clog, but I have had a gas tank that rusted and had a hole in it <_< . It leaked only when the car was off; while it was running the system's vacuum kept it from leaking. Had to get a new gas tank installed. I never knew how or why this happened.....It was on my 78 Chev Nova after owning it for 8 yrs.

I've also heard to never get gas when the tanker is there filling the pumps for the same reason. All the sediment in the under-ground tank is getting stirred up and you just pump it into your tank. Supposedly anyway.

I'm in Michigan, which until yesterday had the highest gas prices in the country. Can someone explain to me how on earth our gas is more expensive then in Hawaii???

Ev in Michigan

GFDF since 8/20/05

Negative Bloodwork ~

Dr. encourages me to trust my

"Gut Reaction"