Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newbiestudent

Not Meaning To Be To Straight Forward, But......

Hello all,

Along with all the crazy symptoms of celiac disease, does anyone know or maybe experience a low ummmm....how do I say this......sex drive :ph34r: sorry I do not want to get to personable, but I know that celiac disease can be linked to infertility and other female problems so I thought there could possibly be a connection there? Speaking to females here; did anyone notice an improvement in that area of their life once they started a gluten free diet?

Thanks to anyone who responds...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I absolutely noticed a change within a few days of changing my diet! :lol::lol::lol: I enjoy "doing the laundry" much much more now! ;) Glad to know I am not the only one who had this problem!

Jessica

Negative for Celiac

Confirmed Wheat Allergy May 5, 2007

Gluten-Free since May 7, 2007!

Other allergies: Dust Mites, Bananas, Fish, Shellfish, Chocolate, Feathers, Penicillin, 3 kinds of grasses, 4 kinds of trees & shrubs, 3 kinds of mold, & Cockroaches!

Absolutely! I find it very hard to be sexy and wanted when I feel like crap and have the bloating and digestive problems. I also have more energy and that is a big boost!

Now If I could just find more time... for sex... :P

Dx 3/23/07

Gluten free 3/27/07

Intolerant:

Gluten

MSG

Allergies:

Ragweed

Honeydew

Cantalope

Nickel (jewelry)

Dx'd Lymphocytic Colitis 6/16/08

I am a bad silly-yak!

With me it really depends on the how much gluten that I have ingested, before I figured that there was a problem yes I would say it affected me or us quite a bit. But tonight before I went to work NOT A PROBLEM ;):rolleyes:<_<

When I don't get to see my husband when I am working nights like if I have to work 3 night in a row we try to fix our laundry more :lol::lol: can't get enough

Ok TMI ya'll didn't need to know that but you asked

Ok I'll quit writing about it now, HUM!!

Donna

:D

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 21 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 13 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score <300 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 12 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0501

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 5,5)

You can teach an old dog new tricks!!!

I definitely, definitely noticed a change. For a few months prior to trying gluten free, things were kind of simmering down and not much was happening. Worse was that I couldn't even summon enough desire to initiate or do much of anything in that respect. My boyfriend and I have been together for quite a while and I wondered if it was just things "settling down" in that department. I kind of wondered if something was wrong, because I've always had well... an appetite for sex ;) After a couple weeks of gluten free, it completely reversed. My sex drive was back! Yay!!

Course it's not anymore now that I'm back on gluten for all the testing :(

Liz

GLUTEN FREE 06/13/07

I definitely, definitely noticed a change. For a few months prior to trying gluten free, things were kind of simmering down and not much was happening. Worse was that I couldn't even summon enough desire to initiate or do much of anything in that respect. My boyfriend and I have been together for quite a while and I wondered if it was just things "settling down" in that department. I kind of wondered if something was wrong, because I've always had well... an appetite for sex ;) After a couple weeks of gluten free, it completely reversed. My sex drive was back! Yay!!

Course it's not anymore now that I'm back on gluten for all the testing :(

Thanks for the info....I was a little bit worried because I don't have an appetite for sex at all really....I mean the physical feeling of wanting too....when I do I think it is more of a concern for my marriage, wanting to keep him satisfied. But I remember there was a time when I did want to and it has been a while since I have felt that :( ...Its not my Husband, we have only been married for a year and been together for three years and he his just as sexy as ever :P . Hummm, after my blood test I can't wait to go gluten free and hopefully things turn around....but it is good to know I am not alone and there is hope. Thanks

Thanks for the info....I was a little bit worried because I don't have an appetite for sex at all really....I mean the physical feeling of wanting too....when I do I think it is more of a concern for my marriage, wanting to keep him satisfied. But I remember there was a time when I did want to and it has been a while since I have felt that :( ...Its not my Husband, we have only been married for a year and been together for three years and he his just as sexy as ever :P . Hummm, after my blood test I can't wait to go gluten free and hopefully things turn around....but it is good to know I am not alone and there is hope. Thanks

I know exactly what you mean. My boyfriend and I had even started arguing about our dismal sex life before I tried going gluten free. This was wrong, that was wrong, and it all boiled down to my not accepting any of his, well, advances. I felt like there was something wrong with ME and I couldn't understand why I didn't want sex. I was really worried, too. I was actually very surprised when going gluten-free seemed to help, because I never imagined that could be the reason. I suppose when one is exhausted and sick from celiac, sex just takes the back burner for a while. I suppose it's true of any major period of illness. It might take some time (and support from your husband) to get back into the swing of things.

Liz

GLUTEN FREE 06/13/07

I enjoy "doing the laundry" much much more now! ;)

:lol::lol: I knew what you meant, but had never heard this before ... I was just watching Friends and it was on this particular episode! :lol::lol:

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06