Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shan

Good Chocolatey Desserts

Hi, anyone have a really good chocolatey desserts, that are easy to make, out there?! we love chocolatey pies and now we are stuck for them :( any and all ideas welcome!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Gluten Free Pantry triple truffle brownies!!! The best I ever had! better than the real thing too!

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

I really love Pamela's double chocolate cookies with vanilla ice cream between them, if you are not lactose intolerant. :P

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

I second the GFP brownies - they are the best and all my nonceliac friends love them better than regular brownies!

I make coca krispy treats (the rice krispie recipe but use Cocoa Krispies instead - they are gluten free and make a very sweet dessert) :)

It takes a little time, but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it.

Was posted here recently-

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=32093

Source: Everyday Food magazine, April 2007 With my modifications

FLOURLESS FUDGE CAKE

16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for pan and parchment paper

unsweetened cocoa powder for pan

2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

3 tablespoons orange flavoured liqueur, such as Grand Marnier - I used blackberry, but it needs more. Might try 5 TBlspoons next time

6 large eggs, separated, at room temperature

4 tablespoons granulated sugar

confectioners sugar, for dusting

Fresh raspberries and blackberries.

a small bar of good dark chocolate, grated.

1. Preheat oven to 300. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Line bottom with a round of parchment paper; butter parchment. Dust paper and sides of pan with cocoa powder, tapping out excess.

2. In a heatproof bowl, set over (not in) a pan of simmering water, melt chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in liqueur. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, beat egg yolks with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar until pale and doubled in volume, about 6 minutes. Stir in chocolate mixture.

3. In another bowl, with mixer on high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually add remaining granulated sugar until medium-stiff peaks form. Whisk half the whites into chocolate mixture, then gently fold in remaining half.

4. Pour batter into prepared pan; bake until cake pulls away from sides of pan and centre is just set, 45-50 min. On a wrie rack cool completely in pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours our up to overnight. To serve, run a metal spatula around edge of pan, and unmold cake

I sliced mine into squares, sprinkled the confectioners sugar on, topped with a generous serving of berries, then the grated chocolate. Awesome, and presented well.

Celiac - Gluten Free since Late December 2006

Positive Dietary response, biopsy, Enterolab

Lactose intolerant - dietary response test only

Nother recipe for flourless chocolate mousse cake, from an early post of mine:

This was in tonight's paper, in the vegetarian cooking column, and it just happens to be gluten-free as well as decadent. It says to use baking chocolate with 70% cocoa. Here's the description: "a crisp, crackling crust over a layer of brownie-like dough that concealed an almost molten chocolate center." Also described as "a tiny bit gooey". Not that we mind that.

1T ground almonds, plus extra to dust the pan

10-1/2 oz dark chocolate

1-1/2c sugar

1-1/4 sticks unsalted butter

pinch of salt

5 large eggs

confectioner's sugar (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray an 8" or 9" springform pan with cooking spray, then dust it with ground almonds, shaking off any excess. Set aside. (IMHO you can skip the almonds and make it in almost any kind of pan if you don't mind pieces that don't come out perfect)

In a double boiler set at a low simmer, melt the chocolate, butter, and sugar, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat. (I did this in the microwave and it worked fine)

In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and ground almonds. Fold the egg mixture into the chocolate and stir until thickened, several minutes. Pour the cake into the pan, smooth the top and bake 45 minutes, or until the top is set and begins to crack.

Remove the side of the pan and let the cake cool completely. Dust with confectioner's sugar if desired. Makes 10 servings.

This is really really good.

Lee

I never liked bread anyway.....

Guest j_mommy

Recently here there was a thread called "To die for triple chocolate brownies"......they are AWESOME. I made a pan and took it to work, one to my mom's office!!! No one new they were gluten-free and loved them!!!!!! Plus it showed them I can cook! :D

I made this recently for my sisters birthday, it came out more like pudding, it was fabulous. It's here on the homepage!

1 cup gluten-free flour mix

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill