Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ravenwoodglass

Pancreatin Do Any Of The Diabetics On Board Take This?

My pancreas apparently took a real whap from the Levaquin. I still am not digesting things completely but at least they don't look like they did when they went in anymore. My blood sugar levels are still quite high for me.

Since the CT scan they did showed what were thought to be pancreatic calcifications, (I think that means scarring), I looked up some stuff on the pancreas today. One of the things that was mentioned by some was pancreatin. Has anyone used this? I am assuming it is safe for a diabetic to take but please correct me if I am wrong. I will be contacting my doctor soon, I already would have but my car has been out of commission. Thanks to the person who mentioned Januvia cause I am sure with morning readings anywhere from 125 to 173 and usually over 130 and post meal readings in the 200's that he is going to want me to take something.

I was doing so well (sigh) Why oh Why did I take that pill I am so mad at myself for that.

Also at what point is it imperitive to call the doctors with a high reading? Can it be an emergency without someone feeling extrememly ill?

Thanks in advance

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):