This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Lidocaine/prilocaine

confused

confused Community Regular

is it gluten free. They are using it tommorow for the allergy test, and i forgot to ask if it was gluten free.

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

PAULA.

Wish I had an answer for you but do not.

I was just remembering that before my dx I got and injection and hands and feet itched like crazy?

Never knew why?

maybe some one knows the answer before your test tomorrow!

Judy

Thanks, the thing is we have to put it on him now at 7:30 and then again at 8:15, and the drs office dont open til 9 when he has the actual appt. I guess i will just make my husband put it on him and wish for the best. We have to put seran wrap over the cream, so at least my step son wont actually touch it.

paula

ravenwoodglass Mentor
Thanks, the thing is we have to put it on him now at 7:30 and then again at 8:15, and the drs office dont open til 9 when he has the actual appt. I guess i will just make my husband put it on him and wish for the best. We have to put seran wrap over the cream, so at least my step son wont actually touch it.

paula

I hope the testing goes well. If you have the actual preperation you may want to google the name and the word gluten and see what comes up.

The one concern I would have is IF all of the things they test for show a reaction. It is unlikely and I don't know if that would happen so don't want to concern you unneccisarily but if that does occur then I would want to know for sure and for certain if gluten was in the prep. I probably should note also that when they did skin testing on me after years of illness I showed positive to everything they tested for except beech trees. After diagnosis the allergist said he suspected celiac when he saw this. He stated that my immune system was in hyperdrive. Within a few months gluten-free most of those allergeic reactions had gone away.

I hope the testing goes well. If you have the actual preperation you may want to google the name and the word gluten and see what comes up.

The one concern I would have is IF all of the things they test for show a reaction. It is unlikely and I don't know if that would happen so don't want to concern you unneccisarily but if that does occur then I would want to know for sure and for certain if gluten was in the prep. I probably should note also that when they did skin testing on me after years of illness I showed positive to everything they tested for except beech trees. After diagnosis the allergist said he suspected celiac when he saw this. He stated that my immune system was in hyperdrive. Within a few months gluten-free most of those allergeic reactions had gone away.

I did try to google it and it just kept showing me information on autisic kids. I did find an old post in here that said lidocaine is safe at the dentist but nothing on the cream.

Did your back get very swollen if you were postive to everything. I am so nervous for him, i know a few things will at least be positive, hubby has hay fever and his bio mom is allergic to grass, cotton, pollen and feathers (or so she says).

Maybe since he has been gluten free for a little while he wont test positive for everything. Hubby is going with him for the tsting, i think i would pass out seeing all of the stuff done to him.

paula

ravenwoodglass Mentor
I did try to google it and it just kept showing me information on autisic kids. I did find an old post in here that said lidocaine is safe at the dentist but nothing on the cream.

Did your back get very swollen if you were postive to everything. I am so nervous for him, i know a few things will at least be positive, hubby has hay fever and his bio mom is allergic to grass, cotton, pollen and feathers (or so she says).

Maybe since he has been gluten free for a little while he wont test positive for everything. Hubby is going with him for the tsting, i think i would pass out seeing all of the stuff done to him.

paula

Your pharmacist may be the most helpful with this, but I don't think it would be an issue for him but more for the celiac person who was applying it. Like with lotions and such.

I can only speak for myself of course but in my case I had no discomfort at all from the testing. I had a couple spots that were slightly itchy but mostly I just had little slightly raised pink spots for a bit. They do the testing with a very, very small amount of the suspected allergin and they also have ways to counteract the response if that should be needed. Try not to worry too much it sounds much worse as it is. Even the actual procedure itself is not uncomfortable, I had it done with no lidocaine or anything else.

It is so hard when our loved ones have to go through such difficult things but sometimes as Moms I think it can be worse for us than for them. I am glad you recognize this and let hubby take him. Sometimes kids can pick up our fears and that was an excellent decision. I hope all goes well and take care.

Your pharmacist may be the most helpful with this, but I don't think it would be an issue for him but more for the celiac person who was applying it. Like with lotions and such.

I can only speak for myself of course but in my case I had no discomfort at all from the testing. I had a couple spots that were slightly itchy but mostly I just had little slightly raised pink spots for a bit. They do the testing with a very, very small amount of the suspected allergin and they also have ways to counteract the response if that should be needed. Try not to worry too much it sounds much worse as it is. Even the actual procedure itself is not uncomfortable, I had it done with no lidocaine or anything else.

It is so hard when our loved ones have to go through such difficult things but sometimes as Moms I think it can be worse for us than for them. I am glad you recognize this and let hubby take him. Sometimes kids can pick up our fears and that was an excellent decision. I hope all goes well and take care.

thnaks for the support. They did the first row and he had no reaction, so they uped the amount and are doing an second row now. Today it is just to test for like grass, cotton and all that stuff. Next time will be the food intolerances.

I am glad to hear u had little discomfort. Maybe he will feel good and we can go to the circus. We put the idea on hold in case he didnt feel good.

They should be back within the hour, so i guess i better go finish cleaning and get rest of my nervous energy out lol

thanks again for support and info.

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived