This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Oliver's In Lake Oswego, Or

Bike2work4me

Bike2work4me Newbie

We ate at Oliver's last night (formerly Tallarico's) and found out that they've expanded their gluten-free menu. In addition to the gluten-free pizza, they now have gluten-free sandwiches, nachos, and other entrees and all of their salads are gluten-free when ordered without croutons. All of their breading is done with rice flour so anything that goes in the fryer is safe. We had some yummy tater tots while waiting for our pizza.

• 2 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

bicicleta Newbie

Good to know!

I had a reaction there a few years ago due to cross contamination. The pizza was good but the attention to cleanliness in the kitchen was not so good. And it did seem strange that all they had gluten-free was pizza pie. Now that they're menu has expanded I'll have to go back and check it out.

Thanks!

Generic Apprentice

I also got sick from there about 2 years ago. The whole kitchen was covered in flour. Even flour foot prints from shoes, on the floor. I thought the pizza was mediocre, at best. I don't think I would trust going back there, as sick as I got. They even assured me it would be fine, "because they are extra careful". :angry:

GRUMP 1 Contributor

Wow that would be so COOL........ But do you think it would be worth the drive from the Kelso/Longview? That is about an hour and a half to 2 hours drive for me. But would be so nice to be able to go some where and get some thing nice to eat with out the worries. Let me know if any one else tries it.

Grump

bicicleta Newbie

So I ate there yesterday and I must admit... the sandwich was good. I had the Club sandwich without the cheese and it was very good. The bread they used was like none I've ever seen before and I didn't ask where they got it from. It was more of a flat bread, like a foccacia (spelling?). The whole sandwich was really good. The tater-tots were a bit over cooked but they're potatoes... I'll eat them anyway you cook 'em!

I noticed on the menu that they also serve fish and chips and it's noted that they're Gluten Free. However, they use a beer batter. I failed to ask how it's possible to have gluten-free fish and chips when they use a beer batter but maybe it's Redbridge... I don't know.

Is it worth driving all the way down from Longview specifically for a meal?... well, that's really up to you. If you're craving a home made pizza or a good sandwich, sure. If you have other plans in Portland I would definitely add lunch at Oliver's to your list of things to get done.

I also had a gluten-free oatmeal cookie for desert. I'm thinking they get they're bread from the same place as the cookie... some place out of Keizer, Oregon.

annie76 Apprentice

First of all I must say I go to Olivers all the time and it is excellent! Lots of variety, and I've never gotten sick. The service could be better....but the food is very good! I drive there from Salem, its a 45 minute drive but well worth it when I need a pizza fix, or just variety of any kind...I also drive to Portland once in awhile for some surf n turf at the Corbett fish house. The whole menu is gluten free, deserts too. This is the only place I can get battered deep fried seafood, its pretty good too.

• 1 month later...
Bike2work4me Newbie

Update:

Oliver's is now closed.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived