Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmd3

Los Cabos Vacation

I have to share a great vacation with everyone!!! It was in Los Cabos, Mexcio! 6 wonderful days! I was so scared to go, but as it turned out, it was fantastic. The food was awesome, and I felt so much better - almost like before I fell sick last October. I did take some of my own food just incase I would have a hard time, but everyone was so understanding that it worked out well. I ate fresh fruit, vegs, and protien everyday. No spices, or anything, and I was extra careful - a great place to go.

I am now back home since Tuesday, and since Wednesday evening I have been so sick all over again....tired- the big D, itchy - brain-fog... I am hardley able to function. What should I do??

Feb 9, 07 - Positive gene test D2 -Celiac Disease and Positive D3 for Gluten Sensitivity-Double Whammy!

Positive blood test for antibodies for celiac

SEVERE Gluten Ataxia - trouble speaking - could not even turn my head side to side - almost bedridden

March 07 - 2 different doctors have documented my records as confirmed Celiac

Oct 07 - found a secret to feeling better - no processed foods - The healing comes from eating raw vegetables, and fruits!

Husband - tested = celiac gene+diabetes gene

3 children-

youngest - doc wont test has w/ Hashimoto Disease

middle- tested = celiac gene+lymphoma gene - dx-celiac

oldest - ignores warnings

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Either you got glutened on vacation or something at home could be making you sick. It sometimes takes a day or two before I start to feel bad after a glutening. Hope you feel better soon.

Hez

Move to Mexico! :D Just kidding - could it be a delayed reaction to something? Hope you feel better.

Lisa

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page" -St. Augustine

Move to Mexico! :D Just kidding - could it be a delayed reaction to something? Hope you feel better.

On the way home, we stopped at Hoss's...I just found out that their tips are marinated....with a wheat.... Most of their steaks are marinated with a wheat base....only one is plain. I am feeling better today, just a bit of itching is left. Can't wait for that to end!

Feb 9, 07 - Positive gene test D2 -Celiac Disease and Positive D3 for Gluten Sensitivity-Double Whammy!

SEVERE Gluten Ataxia - trouble speaking - could not even turn my head side to side - almost bedridden

Oct 07 - found a secret to feeling better - no processed foods - The healing comes from eating raw vegetables, and fruits!

3 children-

On the way home, we stopped at Hoss's...I just found out that their tips are marinated....with a wheat.... Most of their steaks are marinated with a wheat base....only one is plain. I am feeling better today, just a bit of itching is left. Can't wait for that to end!

I am very sorry you are feeling ill. We went to Cabos last summer, prior to gluten-free and are going back in Dec. What places did you eat? Where did you stay?

We are staying at Playa Grande, though we never eat at the resort. I love the local flavor. I am so ready to go back!

Kat.

I am very sorry you are feeling ill. We went to Cabos last summer, prior to gluten-free and are going back in Dec. What places did you eat? Where did you stay?

We are staying at Playa Grande, though we never eat at the resort. I love the local flavor. I am so ready to go back!

Kat.

I stayed at the Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar

They were so good to me...I emailed them ahead of time about my issues, - At the sheraton, when I would go to order something, they would come over and tell me yes or no. Most of the waiters new me, and watched me very closely.

Bogenda -in the old town - Sergio was the manager - He made sure everything I ordered was looked into with extra care. Filet mig.- best I ever ate!!!

I also ate at the Hilton - grilled lobster on the beach - it was great. Again, I talked to the manager and ordered with them.

I made sure I called the rest. and talked to the manager, went over the list carefully with them, and then when I got to the restuarant, I talked with the manager again - he even took the order.

Most days I ate what I took with me from home for lunches - tuna fish, wheat free crackers, canned chicken, applesauce, fruit cups...I really took a lot of things with me to make sure just incase...

While I was there, I actually forgot how sick I had been, I never felt better, even felt as good as before I fell ill!!

Now, back home, I am still having issues...but I lost my dog, and that has put some major stress on me.

3 children-