Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glutenfreefamily

Soft Dough Pretzel Recipe

http://www.recipezaar.com/195724

Im planning on making this recipe this weekend. What would you use to replace the flour mix?

Im not sure if Im going to use Pamela's Ultimate Baking and Pancake mix or Amazing wheat free bread mix. Im assuming Pamela's Ultimate Mix would be better since there is already baking soda added and the bread mix has sugar, honey and molasses and that just sounds too sweet for a real pretzel taste.

I hope it works out good! Im planning on having some with cinnamon and sugar and some with cheese. Im also going to make it just in the style of breadsticks instead of twisting it.

Thanks for any help :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am interested too. I live outside of Philly, so there are soft pretzel places practically at every corner. I miss them too. VERY MUCH. My favorite lunch used to be a Philly pretzel with spicy deli mustard. We'd stop on the way home (literally a store on the corner of my street) from grocery shopping EVERY time. Haven't been able to stop for the kids. :( they miss them too!

http://www.recipezaar.com/195724

Im planning on making this recipe this weekend. What would you use to replace the flour mix?

Im not sure if Im going to use Pamela's Ultimate Baking and Pancake mix or Amazing wheat free bread mix. Im assuming Pamela's Ultimate Mix would be better since there is already baking soda added and the bread mix has sugar, honey and molasses and that just sounds too sweet for a real pretzel taste.

I hope it works out good! Im planning on having some with cinnamon and sugar and some with cheese. Im also going to make it just in the style of breadsticks instead of twisting it.

Thanks for any help :)

I don't know if you started yet but if it were me, I would definately go with the Pamela's. When I have used the Pamela's mix though I still add baking powder. It makes thinks lighter IMO. Good luck and let us all know, we are waiting with baited breath!

Well, Im sorry to dissapoint you all but it did not turn out good. I had to add a whole cup of extra water and it still came out dry. I wasnt able to use pamela's since my health food store was out, I used a mix that had a bean flour in it. Im still going to work on it since I really, really miss soft pretzels too. Next time Im going to try pamela's ultimate baking mix and cut it down by 2 cups at least of baking mix and mix it in my bread maker. It was frustrating to do it by hand and kneed it and make a mess of my kitchen for hockey pucks <_< but Im determined I'll eventually figure this out and I'll add a little extra baking powder.

I'll let you know how it goes the next time :)

Miss Roben's has a pretzel mix to make soft pretzels. I tried it once and it wasn't bad at all. It is $5.19 for the mix.

http://www.allergygrocery.com/Merchant2/me...Product_Count=3

Hope that helps someone!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

Miss Roben's has a pretzel mix to make soft pretzels. I tried it once and it wasn't bad at all. It is $5.19 for the mix.

http://www.allergygrocery.com/Merchant2/me...Product_Count=3

Hope that helps someone!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Thanks so much Jessica :) Im going to see if they can order through my health food store since if I like it and order a case I get 20% off.

Bummer that the recipe didn't work!

I have a recipe in a cookbook by Cybele Pascal in The Whole Foods Allergy Cookbook.

I've been wanting to try it, but just haven't. I'll try to make it and report back. Think I have all the ingredients!

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

Bummer that the recipe didn't work!

I have a recipe in a cookbook by Cybele Pascal in The Whole Foods Allergy Cookbook.

I've been wanting to try it, but just haven't. I'll try to make it and report back. Think I have all the ingredients!

Thanks Cheri :)

If it works out let us know.

Well, Im sorry to dissapoint you all but it did not turn out good. I had to add a whole cup of extra water and it still came out dry. I wasnt able to use pamela's since my health food store was out, I used a mix that had a bean flour in it. Im still going to work on it since I really, really miss soft pretzels too. Next time Im going to try pamela's ultimate baking mix and cut it down by 2 cups at least of baking mix and mix it in my bread maker. It was frustrating to do it by hand and kneed it and make a mess of my kitchen for hockey pucks <_< but Im determined I'll eventually figure this out and I'll add a little extra baking powder.

I'll let you know how it goes the next time :)

I've used that kind. Very good. Daughter loves them!

You read my mind!!! I've been missing soft pretzels for MONTHS!! Yes, please post and tell me how they worked out. Can u ship them?? lol. I never seem to have the time or patience to bake them. someone needs to start a company. I will pay. :P lol.

OK, Carleigh is enjoying them right now with mustard. I couldn't get them to make shapes, but I made sticks out of them. They weren't "pretty", but she likes them. If anyone would like the recipe, I'd be happy to PM it to you.

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

OK, Carleigh is enjoying them right now with mustard. I couldn't get them to make shapes, but I made sticks out of them. They weren't "pretty", but she likes them. If anyone would like the recipe, I'd be happy to PM it to you.

I would love the recipe! thanks so much !

If you don't want to make these from scratch I have heard there are ready made ones that are gluten-free. I think if you goggle Noah's soft gluten-free pretzels. I don't know if they ship out yet.

Just flying through.... I'll PM that recipe to you later on, GFF!

Mom of: