Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

laurie1067

gluten-free Restaurant Menus Online

I thought this might help some people like me who are newly diagnosed & used to eating out a lot. I must admit that I've cut way back on my eating out due to fear of contamination, but I have found quite a few gluten-free menus for chain restaurants online. Just go to the company website and look for either "nutrition/nutritional info" or "menu." Some of the menus are pretty limited, but at least we have choices other than a plain salad! :) The restaurants are:

Carraba's

Uno

Pei Wei

Outback

Bonefish Grill

Ted's Montana Grill

Chili's

Macaroni Grill

On the Border

PF Chang's

Wendy's

Arby's

I'm sure there are more, so please feel free to contribute any that you know of!

Gluten Free since 5/28/07

Celiac Disease diagnosed by biopsy 5/25/07

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

my new favorite:

Noodles and Co

They serve gluten free rice pasta! I like to get the basil pesto sauce w/ chicken. It's so delicious!!!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

my new favorite:

Noodles and Co

They serve gluten free rice pasta! I like to get the basil pesto sauce w/ chicken. It's so delicious!!!

Does Noodles & Co actually have a gluten free menu? I couldn't find it.

This is a great idea for a thread. Add to it

Chick Fil A

Bugaboo Creek has their gluten free menu online as well

~Sorry for the million questions, I really want to learn as much as I can!~

04/07 - Diagnosed Fibromyalgia

05/07 -Diagnosed Celiac from test & symptoms - scheduled for biopsy

~Also intolerant to milk, soy & beef

Daughter - 2yo - tested negative 03/07 for Celiac

-allergic to milk and soy

-retesting Celiac soon due to symptoms~

my new favorite:

Noodles and Co

Really? Is it just the rice stuff they use for pad thai or is it actually actual pasta? I heard a while ago that you could request their pad thai pasta (gluten-free) and have any other sauces and toppings put on it. To me it sounds kind of weird, since pad thai is gummy and mushy, and then put like, marinara or cheese all over it, LOL.

Last time I was there I just requested the Med Salad without any pasta and asked that they use all new clean utensils since I can't have any gluten/wheat. I don't know if it was CCed or not, because I'd been eating so much gluten that week anyway. I was too sick to notice any extra gluten. I'd be willing to try it again, especially if they got some decent gluten-free pasta for stuff. Yummm... I LOVE Noodles.

Austin's American Grill is now "working on" a gluten free menu. When I went in about three weeks ago, they said they were putting it through the finishing touches and the lawyers were adding a "disclaimer" or something to it. Though they didn't have the menu on hand, and the staff hadn't been trained (yet!) in all the gluten free stuff, the manager came over and gave me a LENGTHY explaination of their gluten free options. I'm a little bummed that their chili is not gluten free. I had a very, very delicious bunless burger, though.

Liz

GLUTEN FREE 06/13/07

The Old Spaghetti Factory (now you can order gluten-free pasta)

In and Out Burger (order protein style)

Janel (me): gluten-free since 4/10/07; casien free 5/1/07;soy light 10/07

**LOST 35 lbs since April 2007(much needed weight loss)**

ds(6 yrs)- gluten-free since 3/19/07; casein free 5/2/07;soy free 10/07

HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 7,7)

new dx= Hirschsprungs Disease w/cecostomy

the non believers, only allergen free eatting at home because they have to be:

Hubby: refuses to eat Gluten-free Casein-free except for dinner

dd(14 yrs)- refuses to go along with any special dietary retrictions *I suspect dairy/wheat intollerant*

In and Out Burger (order protein style)

JanelyB,

Is the sauce on the protein style burger gluten free? I've been getting mine without sauce.

Geoff

Celiac - Gluten Free since Late December 2006

Positive Dietary response, biopsy, Enterolab

Lactose intolerant - dietary response test only

If you are anywhere remotely near North Conway, NH, go to Rafferty's Restaurant and Pub. The gluten-free menu is at www.raffspub.com and includes hamburgers on gluten-free bun, gluten-free pizza, chicken alfredo, salads with gluten-free croutons, scallops, baked haddock ---- I could cry just reading it. The owners' daugher was dx as the restaurant opened in 2006. We are on our way to see my family in NH and have waited all year to go. I'll let you know in 2 weeks! :)

Joanna

Mom/wife to celiacs dx 12/03 and 12/04

Success is never final and failure never fatal. It's courage that counts -George Tilton

Noodles and Company is one of my favorite restaurants. I get the buttered rice noodles with broccoli, fresh tomatoes and chicken plus parmesan cheese, it is so good, I think I could eat it every week, but the one I go to is 250 miles away and I only get there when I go to see my family. I just came from there and I think this is the first time I have been down there that I have not eaten there at least once. They are very accomodating, at least at the one I go to in Janesville, WI.....and it really isn't cheap for fast food, but it is worth it. Barbara

WOW! Noodles and Company have gluten-free stuff? It doesn't show you that on the menu. I would love to be able to go there. Also does anyone know if Panara Bread has anything gluten-free?

Bobbie,

tested positive for celiac 2007

Gall bladder removed 2007

D/C a month after daughter was born 2005

Low Blood Pressure

Fainting disorder

food allergy to Dairy, pork,fish,most peanut butter,nutra sweet,aspartam and more to be determined.

WOW! Noodles and Company have gluten-free stuff? It doesn't show you that on the menu. I would love to be able to go there. Also does anyone know if Panara Bread has anything gluten-free?

I have heard their fruit cup is, as well as some beverages. but other than that... not holding out much hope.

Dx 3/23/07

Gluten free 3/27/07

Intolerant:

Gluten

MSG

Allergies:

Ragweed

Honeydew

Cantalope

Nickel (jewelry)

Dx'd Lymphocytic Colitis 6/16/08

I am a bad silly-yak!

Actually Panera bread does have some good gluten free options. They have been so understanding and helpful when I explain to them that I have allergies and that I need them to change gloves etc to make my food. I have eaten there twice since my diagnosis in April and I haven't gotten sick either time! I've always ordered a salad (they have excellent dressing!) and enjoyed it thoroughly :D

http://www.kintera.org/site/pp.asp?c=ewK0LjP7E&b=45150

hope this helps!

Actually Panera bread does have some good gluten free options. They have been so understanding and helpful when I explain to them that I have allergies and that I need them to change gloves etc to make my food. I have eaten there twice since my diagnosis in April and I haven't gotten sick either time! I've always ordered a salad (they have excellent dressing!) and enjoyed it thoroughly :D

http://www.kintera.org/site/pp.asp?c=ewK0LjP7E&b=45150

hope this helps!

Thank you very much. We have a Panera Bread being built right now and I use to have to drive 30 min's or so and it was worth it but, now that I have celiac I thought I would have to give up that yummy place Thank God I don't. :D

Bobbie,

Low Blood Pressure

Fainting disorder

food allergy to Dairy, pork,fish,most peanut butter,nutra sweet,aspartam and more to be determined.

Ruth Chris has some stuff, so does Olive Garden (I don't trust it tho- I get tense with all that bread and pasta all over the place)

Tony Romas barbecue Sauces, ribs, and chicken are gluten free. I also eat at Farmer Boys with good results. Mimi's Cafe has a gluten free menu, too..

Gluten Free since November 2005

"If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen.." ---Ed Polish

I get the Penne Rosa at Noodles with their rice noodles and add the seared beef tips. OMG - it's amazing. It's my favorite. I have a list somewhere in my car that one of the workers went over with me as to what's gluten-free there. I'll dig it up and post tomorrow.

I get the Penne Rosa at Noodles with their rice noodles and add the seared beef tips. OMG - it's amazing. It's my favorite. I have a list somewhere in my car that one of the workers went over with me as to what's gluten-free there. I'll dig it up and post tomorrow.

That would be nice thank u ;)

Bobbie,

Low Blood Pressure

Fainting disorder

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. The server did tell me to mention when I place the order that it's an "Allergic aware" order, and they mark that (hopefully) in their system. I tell them it's a wheat allergy (yeah, yeah, I know it's not, but you know no one knows of gluten intolerance!"

Ok, so what she said is safe is:

Pad Thai

Penne Rosa (with rice noodles)

Pesto Cavatappi (with rice noodles)

Pasta Fresca (with rice noodles)

Whole Grain Tuscan Fettuccine (with rice noodles)

The Med Salad

Buttered Noodles - tell them to sautee in pan with water, use rice noodles

House Marinara (with rice noodles)

Caesar Salad is safe minus the croutons (yummy salad, too!)

Tossed Green Salad with Balsamic or Fat-Free Asian Dressing

Cucumber Tomato Side Salad - tell them no seasoning.

Safe proteins to add in:

Sauteed Beef

Braised Beef

Shrimp

Chicken breast, Organic Tofu are no-nos!

Enjoy!

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. The server did tell me to mention when I place the order that it's an "Allergic aware" order, and they mark that (hopefully) in their system. I tell them it's a wheat allergy (yeah, yeah, I know it's not, but you know no one knows of gluten intolerance!"

Ok, so what she said is safe is:

Pad Thai

Penne Rosa (with rice noodles)

Pesto Cavatappi (with rice noodles)

Pasta Fresca (with rice noodles)

Whole Grain Tuscan Fettuccine (with rice noodles)

The Med Salad

Buttered Noodles - tell them to sautee in pan with water, use rice noodles

House Marinara (with rice noodles)

Caesar Salad is safe minus the croutons (yummy salad, too!)

Tossed Green Salad with Balsamic or Fat-Free Asian Dressing

Cucumber Tomato Side Salad - tell them no seasoning.

Safe proteins to add in:

Sauteed Beef

Braised Beef

Shrimp

Chicken breast, Organic Tofu are no-nos!

Enjoy!

Thank You so much I will try that someday soon. Lately not feeling good enough to eat even gluten-free bread.

Bobbie,

Low Blood Pressure

Fainting disorder

Red Robin has a gluten-free menu...I get the lettuce wrap protein burger and fries

First Watch (Breakfast & Lunch place in Ohio and possibly some other states)

Cheeseburger in Paradise ~ I eat here once a week and love it!

Molly Woos (and other Cameron Mitchell Restaurants)

Texas Roadhouse ~ Steak, sweet potato, veggies

Kim

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm

but how to dance in the rain."

Positive bloodwork 1/9/06

gluten-free since 1/12/06

Very positive dietary response

DS (12 years old)

Biopsy 7/7/06 ~ Diagnosed Celiac 7/12/2006

gluten-free since 7/15/2006

DD (almost 6)

HLA-DQ2 positive

Celiac Bloodwork negative 2 different times

Still eating gluten for now.

The sauce at In N Out is gluten free and it is so delicious. I get the hamburger protein style with the sauce and the french fries animal style (with the sauce and cheese on top of them). It is just wonderful and makes you feel like you're not Celiacs anymore!

So enjoy!

MK

JanelyB,

Is the sauce on the protein style burger gluten free? I've been getting mine without sauce.

Geoff

Restrants, are you crazy, I can't handle it. I have had some good experiences, the bad ones stick out. From crutons picked off of a gluten free salad, Burgers dismanteled and slapped in potato tray, to having to figure out if its cross contamination. I skip them for now, I Will venture out when I have leaned more. I get glutened real easy, one smell of a charcoal bar-B-Q, oh boy ; Im hurtin.

Red Robin has a gluten-free menu...I get the lettuce wrap protein burger and fries

Does this mean that the fries at RR are actually gluten-free?

I would love to be able to find fries that I can eat at an actual restaurant. Fries are my one big weakness, I love them. Does anyone else know of other restaurants where the fries are safe?

Yes, the fries at Red Robin & Cheeseburger in Paradise are gluten-free. They both used dedicated fryers. I also have a weakness for fries and the ones at CIP have become my favorite!

Kim

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm

but how to dance in the rain."

Positive bloodwork 1/9/06

gluten-free since 1/12/06

Very positive dietary response

DS (12 years old)

Biopsy 7/7/06 ~ Diagnosed Celiac 7/12/2006

gluten-free since 7/15/2006

DD (almost 6)

HLA-DQ2 positive

Celiac Bloodwork negative 2 different times