Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dandelion

Stout Nyc

I've dined at Stout a number of times and I just wanted to let everyone know how superbly wonderful this place is. They are so accomodating and are really willing to work with you to have a gluten free dining experience. When I go I email Gail (I think she's the owner, but she might be the manager) and let her know I am coming. Here's an one of the emails I've received from them:

Hi Beth,

Thank you for your recent inquiry into STOUT. Here are the answers to some of your questions:

You can order the Chicken Salad as it is on the menu. There are no croutons in this salad and no gluten in the dressing (we make all of our dressings in house). Further if you would like we would be happy to customize a salad for you using any of the vegetables, fruit or proteins that we have in stock. ie. we can grill any fish (tuna, salmon etc. over greens w/ vegetable and or fruit). Additionally, if you don't want to have one of our dressings we can bring you Balsamic Vinegar and Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the side.

If you don't want a salad we would also be happy to Grill or Sautee some fish, chicken or steak and serve it with some vegetables.

Our regular French fries are seasoned but they are not coated with anything. Our Sweet Potato fries are sprinkled with a bit of corn starch to prevent them from getting soggy. Unfortunately the fryer that we use for the French Fries is also used for the Sweet Potato fries.

I would be happy to customize a dish for you that complies with your restrictions. You can e-mail or phone me @ #212/629-6191 anytime and we can easily plan a meal for you.

Although we typically do not allow outside food or beverages in STOUT, I would be happy to make an exception for you. If you would like to bring in your own meal we would be happy to plate it for you and serve it along with your friends food.

I look forward to speaking with you soon and meeting you on Monday.

Best Regards,

Gail

STOUT

If you are ever in NYC I would highly recommend going here. :)

Beth

Gluten free since January 2007.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):