Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

melie

Chocolate Frosted Donuts....yum!

I just had to share my love of Kinnikinnick's chocolate frosted donuts, they are my one sinful treat that I don't think reeks of gluten freeness! They also make cinnamon sugar, maple frosted, chocolate glazed, and vanilla frosted. I found them in the freezer section of my health food store (See, donuts ARE a health food!!) They can also be ordered from Kinnikinnick's web site.

Drool...drool....

Melie

Kinnikinnick has awesome donuts!!! Especially the chocolate glazed ones... I'm not much for chocolate, but these are divine!!!

I would be careful ordering the donuts in the summer. I had to quickly throw them in the freezer to reset the frosting. They had started to melt on my front porch! I will order again but only in winter.

Hez

I absolutely adore the chocolate frosted gluten-free donuts, and the cinnamon sugar donuts. They are so good, that I actually don't buy them often because I know I'll just eat them all up.

Does anyone else eat them frozen? I just love them frozen. Yum-yum.

Frozen!! I never would have thought, but now I am curious and will have to try one in its frozen state, I usually warm mine up so the frosting is nice and warm...mmm! One of life's simple pleasures!

Frozen!! I never would have thought, but now I am curious and will have to try one in its frozen state, I usually warm mine up so the frosting is nice and warm...mmm! One of life's simple pleasures!

They're very good, at least I think so. Warm is nice, but these.... just fantastic. I also like freezing my Glutino Chocolate Breakfast bars--I find they are more brownie like if you pop them in the freezer for a little while.

I have one Kinnicknick donut every Friday - it's my end of the week treat. However, one of the vendors at the celiac 5k in Baltimore last month was Celiac Specialties, and they had these donut holes out for sampling that were....well, they made those donuts seem like pound cake. They had blueberry, chocolate, glazed, powder sugar...and they were soft and everything I remember about donuts. I brought home a couple boxes...gone now. But they have a website you can order from.

I just had to share my love of Kinnikinnick's chocolate frosted donuts, they are my one sinful treat that I don't think reeks of gluten freeness! They also make cinnamon sugar, maple frosted, chocolate glazed, and vanilla frosted. I found them in the freezer section of my health food store (See, donuts ARE a health food!!) They can also be ordered from Kinnikinnick's web site.

Drool...drool....

Melie

Thanks for the recommendation. I got them yesterday and had one warmed up-to die for!!! I just don't want to let my husband try them or he'll eat them all! :lol:

Terri

I eat both. I order the fresh ones from Celiac Specialties and they ARE fluffier and more like "cake" donuts.

I also love the frozen Kinnikinnick ones. I heat them up. They aren't as "real" as the above, but they are more fudgy.

Both are sinful. I've eaten more than one at a time and I have to be careful!! They are awesome!

I have one Kinnicknick donut every Friday - it's my end of the week treat. However, one of the vendors at the celiac 5k in Baltimore last month was Celiac Specialties, and they had these donut holes out for sampling that were....well, they made those donuts seem like pound cake. They had blueberry, chocolate, glazed, powder sugar...and they were soft and everything I remember about donuts. I brought home a couple boxes...gone now. But they have a website you can order from.

All that I can think about now is blueberry doughnuts............I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE blueberry doughnuts :(

I do however, love the maple ones from Kinnikinnick. Also have found this WONDERFUL lady who makes apple cinnamon doughnut holes. They are little bites of heaven!!! Olivia's Oven is the name of the company that makes them OMG SOOOooooo good.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

I learned how to make donuts! :D They were so so good!

I coat them in cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar and cocoa sugar....thinking about chocolate frosting now! :D

I'm assuming it's like a firm gnache (like an entemen's mini donut hole covered in chocolate)

MMMMMM....donuts......

I learned how to make donuts! :D They were so so good!

I coat them in cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar and cocoa sugar....thinking about chocolate frosting now! :D

I'm assuming it's like a firm gnache (like an entemen's mini donut hole covered in chocolate)

MMMMMM....donuts......

Kbabe,

Can you please sure your donut recipe with me?

Gina