Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

michelleL

gluten-free Soy-free Birth Control

Anybody know of one??? I was prescribed Sprintec, but reacted very badly to it - apparently one of its ingredients is derived from soy oil. Now, I was given Kariva. I asked the pharmacist if it had soy in it, and was basically told that he didn't know and if I react, it does. Yea - I don't like taking something not knowing, and I also my reactions are extremely severe...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I REALLY REALLY suggest nuva ring. it's not an oral medication, so it does not effect our diet, also if we get glutened or some sort of diestional problems, it's not going to go right through us before it is fully dissoved. It has lower amounts of hormones that are delivered locally so hormones don't effect you as much. also i love the fact I have to think about it 2 times a month. they are "stackable" so you can skip periods, and i have never felt it in me, and my partner hardly notices it.

I love my Nuva ring, been on it 4 years now.

Dx 3/23/07

Gluten free 3/27/07

Intolerant:

Gluten

MSG

Allergies:

Ragweed

Honeydew

Cantalope

Nickel (jewelry)

Dx'd Lymphocytic Colitis 6/16/08

I am a bad silly-yak!

Thanks - this is very helpful, and kind of a real no-brainer. Why didn't they suggest this instead of having me be like a lab rat?????

Thanks!

Some doctors don't offer it thinking people don't like having to deal with where it goes, (eww..down there!) Others just don't think of it when thinking about pills.

Some doctors may just not be up to speed with what is out there. i had to approach my doctor about it, but that was 4 years ago when it was new to the market.

I know back then, if you went to Nuva ring website, you could get your first ring free! I'd check it out.

Dx 3/23/07

Gluten free 3/27/07

Intolerant:

Gluten

MSG

Allergies:

Ragweed

Honeydew

Cantalope

Nickel (jewelry)

Dx'd Lymphocytic Colitis 6/16/08

I am a bad silly-yak!

Thank you very much again - your suggestion was literally and figuratively a real life-saver. I was a little apprehensive, myself, at first - but wow, is it so easy, and no having to take a pill a day at the same time anymore. It's also nice it has a low hormone level, too.